We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

anaheim, ca
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

Hi,

This is my first time to this part of vietnam and wanted to know if 2 days is sufficient to see this 2 places? Also, what are the must sees? I hear alot about Sapa...should I extend my trip to go there? why?

Thanks

Adelaide
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

My goodness no! You'll need at least two days just in Halong Bay - you cannot go to this spectacular place and not at least spend an overnight on a boat. While some tour operators in Hanoi do one day trips to Halong, it really doesn't do the place justice.

And I would say at least three-four days for Hanoi.

Sapa is beautiful - definately worth the trip - you can do a homestay for more of a cultural experience.

Sapa trip from Hanoi is about 8 hours and you travel overnight on a train.

Hope this helps!

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

Hi,

you can not visit 2 places with two days like this.

Sapa and Halong Bay is far away from Hanoi it is different. However, you can have tour to Halong for two days. If you need more help, ask me

Have a nice day

anaheim, ca
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

I guess...i can extend it to 4 days...i just don't have that much time and wanted to see alot...:)

So I should do sun-tues in Hanoi and then (tues-thurs) 2 days on Ha long bay then...sapa might have to wait until the next trip...

so you actually sleep on the cruiser for 2 days?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

You can do a tour in Halong where you can sleep on the boat the first night then stay on Cat Ba island the second. Gives the trip a bit of variety, there's lots to do on and around the island.

I went with a group called Kangaroo Cafe - it was just brilliant. You can find a lot more information on their website: www.kangaroocafe.com

Some great photos of the boats so you can what I'm talking about.

I think extending your time by two days is a great idea :)

5. Re: sunday to tuesday in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 24, 2009