We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seek Advices for 9D8N North Vietnam Trip

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
George Town...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Seek Advices for 9D8N North Vietnam Trip

My parents and I will be visiting North Vietnam in the coming mid-April. Arrival date: 17/4/08 (Thurs) and departure date : 25/4/08 (Fri). The following are the itineraries I planned:-

1) Hanoi 2 days

2) Sapa, Lau Chai village & Bac Ha 3D2N

- visit 'love market' at Lau Chai on Sat night

- visit sunday market at Bac Ha

- visit Ta Van village

3) Ninh Binh 2 days

4) Halong Bay 2D1N, stay overnight at the 'sea' side. Being advised that staying in the junk is quite boring.

Please assist in re-arrange the above itineraries so that we will manage to visit the local markets. If we skip Ninh Binh or Halong Bay, any good place to recommend? Thinking of going to Hue and Hoi An, however it is quite far from Hanoi.

So far, I have viewed the tour packages posted by golden sun hotel and sinh cafe at their websites. Besides these 2 local agents, any other cafe to recommend?

Please advise.

Thanks.

rgds,

shirley

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,929 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seek Advices for 9D8N North Vietnam Trip

I don't know who advised you that staying in the junk is "boring". While it's not a dizzy whirl of excitement, we had a great time talking with our fellow passengers and just chilling out and watching the scenery. In addition, we had the best sleep we had in three weeks of VN hotels (not maligning the hotels, there must have been something particularly restful about the junk :-) ).

Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seek Advices for 9D8N North Vietnam Trip

Hi,

Should skip Ninh Binh

Recomendation for your trip as:

1) 2 Days in Hanoi

2) 2Day/1 Nigh in Ha Long bay

3) 3Days/1 Nights in Sapa

// often have to stay 2 nights in train

Good trip!

3. Re: Seek Advices for 9D8N North Vietnam Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 18, 2009