We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Hanoiguide

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arizona
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
For Hanoiguide

Hi Hanoiguide,

what did you mean when you said "One note: The most terrible feeling is to buy tickets from Hanoi - Lao cai - Hanoi" to my question on the trains. To go to SAPA you have to go from Hanoi. We are going to buy our tickets from a travel agent.

hanoi
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For Hanoiguide

Hi livkid,

I mean the way they sell tickets and behaviour of the sellers at station. If being asked what you hate most when visiting Sapa, many Vietnamese travelers say: buying train tickets to Sapa. There are something not transparent.

You are right, to go to Sapa you have to go from Hanoi. Booking from a travel agent is fine (I do not try to persuade you to book via a travel agent, but if you book tickets to Sapa, you should book via a travel agent, the return from Sapa - Hanoi, you can book via your hotel in Sapa).

Have a nice trip,

arizona
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For Hanoiguide

Hi Hanoiguide,> Thank you so much for your advise. From your name I can guess you must be in Hanoi. We were in Vietnam in 2007 and stayed at the Hilton for a very low rate of USD. 89.00/night/room and today I can see that the rates of mostofd the 5 star hotel is outragious. > We want to stay in the same area as the hilton around the lake. Can you suggest and good 4 star hotel with reasonable pricing. Your help would be very welcomed.> > Girish Patel>

hanoi
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: For Hanoiguide

Hi,

You are right, the 5 star hotel rates have increased significantly. Rates at some hotels are 40% higher than that in 2007, it is the highest increase this year so it is hard to find a 5 star hotel with 89 usd/night even with some 4 star hotels.

There are no 4 star hotels in the same area as the Hilton. There are around 5-6 4 star hotels in Hanoi but they lie a little bit far from the lake.

There are some good 3 star hotels but it is not your choice.

be free to contact me if I am in help

Australia
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For Hanoiguide

Hi there,

We were in Hanoi in March last year and booked trips to Sapa and Ha Long Bay through the Kangaroo Cafe in Hanoi. I can't recommend them highly enough. They also arrange independent travel arrangements tickets on rail and buses. their prices were fantstic for the quality and service of their trips. Lovely to deal with - really friendly (but that's Vietnam all over, isn't it) Anyway, as I said we found them terrific. They also have Griswalds Tours. It's owned by an Aussie guy and his Vietnamese wife. Their cafe is also where you can arrange your travel details in person if you wish, and at the same time have a hamburger and coffee. We love eating locally, but just sometimes after a few weeks on the road you yearn for something from home.

www.kangaroocafe.com

We loved Vietnam...the greatest trip we have ever had - and we are "ageing backpackers" and this was my first "backpackiong effort" and now I don't want to travel any other way! Sapa is absolutely unbelievable!!

Enjoy your travels...Pam

5. Re: For Hanoiguide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 18, 2009