We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in the old quarter Hanoi

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in the old quarter Hanoi

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a Hotel in the old quarter of Hanoi, somewhere which would be nice for a young couple, around $50 a night? Any help would be great, I've read so many scary stories about Hanoi on this forum, about people being ripped off, so I want to have that hotel booked in before I arrive.

I will also be going to Hoi An, Saigon and Phu Quoc, around this time of year is it neccessary to book flights and hotels in advance. I've always like to do things sponstaneously once i'm there, however a few people on this forum have been saying things sell out.

Thanks again

Sammy

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in the old quarter Hanoi

Hi Sammy,

I stayed in September 2007 at two different hotels in the old quarter under $50 and found them to be in good location and quite romantic for a young couple. You can view the photos I just posted by clicking on my profile.

The suite room # 402 at the Lucky 1 hotel on Hang Trong street has a big balcony with bonsais trees and great view of Hanoi roof top architecture, it was $50usd per night including breakfast and taxes.

The room #601 at the Morning Star hotel on Hang Hanh street has a stunning view of Hoan Kiem lake. It was $40usd per night including breakfast and taxes.

Hope it helps.

2. Re: Hotel in the old quarter Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:40 am, November 09, 2007
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in the old quarter Hanoi

Hanoi Elegance 1 or 2 (Just around the corner from each other) rooms are comfortable, and at around US$40 per night, you'll feel like you've got a good deal. The in-room PC with free internet is a bonus.

Book directly with the hotel, emails get answered. request a rear facing room to cut out some of the street noise.

4. Re: Hotel in the old quarter Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, September 12, 2009