We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

Miami
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

Thank you all for the most valuable information.

Dose anyone knows if there is a bus or train service from Hanoi (or Sapa) to Hong Kong?

I will have 48 hours.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

Since you have only 48 hours, it would be virtually impossible to make this trip via land. You can take a combination of buses and trains to get to Guangzhou and take a train from there to Kowloon. From Kowloon you can get to just about anywhere else in Hong King via ferries or other public transit. You should also bear in mind that the vast majority of Hong Kong is a collection of islands therefore making air the only truly practical way to get there. If you had a couple of weeks then it might be fun to take a leisurely trip through mainland China to Hong Kong but 2 days isn't nearly enough time.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,310 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

There is a express bus :Hanoi >Nanning>guangzhou>Shenzen>Hong kong

CRB-CXR/VVCR, Khanh...
Level Contributor
846 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

Very easily done by bus from Ha Noi via NanNing.

Drop me an e-mail to the address below and I will send you a detailed route planner that will get you there within your schedule.

Don't forget you need a Visa from the 'charming' folks at the Chinese Embassy - this will take 2-4 days depending on your urgency and ability to pay.

[ mosquitobait (at) fastmail.cn]

Miami
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

Darlek2,

I tried to contact you via e-mail. Do you have any info regarding the bus route?

Thanks again

Thiland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

hihi!! plse could you give me the detailed instructions on how to get from Hanoi to Hong Kong - we would love to do it by train but prob dont want to spend more than 3 days on the journey - what are your suggestions?

my e-mail is nicola@nicoladudgeon.com

THANK YOU!

6. Re: bus / train from Hanoi to Hong Kong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 14, 2009