We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

I just looked at the visa that Aurora Travel (Vietnamstay.com) got for my travelmate and me. I had paid no attention until now and we leave at the end of September. There are actually 3 names on the visa: the first is a person from France with his/her name, birthdate and passport # and then our birthdates, passport numbers and country of origin. I am apalled that this information would be released to a stranger like this. Has this happened to anyone else? What do we need to do now? I can't seem to get information from anyone and I am very concerned about identity theft, etc. Kindly advise.

1. Re: Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:03 am, August 25, 2007
center
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

hi

Don'nt be worry they can do for you , with visa they do visa invation paper and scan sending to you for flight to vietnam airport with 1photo and you pay 25USD for inmigration at airport then take visa entryt.. if you so much worry you can ask more informtation and need doing can contact with APT travel, we can do for you. but all things I hope you have it

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

I as a rule never go through third parties for visas or passports because when there are more hands in the processing there is a greater possibility of errors or private information being compromised. It sounds like Aurora is at fault, possibly combining 2 seperate requests for visas. Was your request for a visa on arrival? If so, then the document you have is not the actual visa. This document will be presented at the immigration window at the airport in VN. The visas I have received don't have the name or birthdates on them. I can understand your concern about identity theft but the chance of it happening as a result of this is probably rarher remote. Be sure to contact Aurora and have them sort this out.

CRB-CXR/VVCR, Khanh...
Level Contributor
846 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

I have seen pre-approved visa applications with 40 or 50 names on them, so don't be concerned.

This combining of names is done for several reasons and actually speeds up the approval process as there are less 'individual' applications to process.

There are other ways of getting better ID info than this, for sure. Next time ask that your applications be processed separately.

[mosquitobait (at) fastmail.cn]

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

Thank you all for your ideas. I have contacted Aurora but they have not yet responded.

The idea of requesting individual documents is a good one; it is obviously something I have only learned in hindsight. I really panicked when I saw what had happened. I appreciate the good words.

6. Re: Concern about a Vietnamese Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 08, 2009