We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

Which Hanoi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

I will be in Hanoi for 6 days in early October. I would like to plan a possible day or overnight cruise at Halong Bay but don't want to schedule it on a weekend if there is special market in Hanoi on the weekend. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

hi qhdesigner,

yes there is a night market only held on the weekends , many locals go to it too !

cheers

batt

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

Dear Batt,

Thank you. Could you tell me a bit more about this market? Where is it held? Is it Saturday and Sunday nights--or Friday, too? What are the special things one would find there? Is it safe for 2 women to walk around at night? What time is the market in operation?

Thank you in advance.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

hi qhdesigner,

gee , im not sure , i think it is friday and saty not , but dont quote me on it ....starting time i think around 6 pm , we drove through it to get to a restuarant and the taxi driver told us what it was , so he didnt really tell us all the info .

youde be safe enough to walk around , it is fairly well lit up and as i said there are people everywhere , just hold on to yourhandbag openeing , as you are literally shoulder to shoulder with everyone in some spots .

mainly clothes , shoes and underwear that i saw , sun glasses, hair bands , all brand new.

im sorry i dont know the street name , but it was either hang ngang st or hang can st , you wont miss it if you go to these streets.

cheers

batt

Hanoi
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

It starts from Hang Dao street and ends at Dong Xuan market (the biggest market in town). You can find almost everything here at cheap prices but bargain hard. They close the road to motorized traffic when the market opens (Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 18.00)

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
136 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

Thank you, both, for all this information. It is really helpful. I am looking forward to this experience so much!

6. Re: Is there a special weekend market in Hanoi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 31, 2009