am going to be travelling to hanoi for the first time and am rather confused. ive done abit of researching and still have a few questions to ask, just to settle any doubts that im gonna have. so here goes..(i realised it's better post all my questions in one post than have multiple posts.)
1. the current currency used in vietnam is usd or vnd? which would be better for a tourist?
2. any other places besides the normal few attractions(ho chi minh's mausoleum, hanoi hilton, literature place etc.) that's reccomended?
3. places with fun activities me and my friends can engage in. fun as in sports and stuff like that.
4. ha long bay. recommended? have done my research and prices hover around the 150-200 usd range for 2d1n, is that a reasonable price?
5. is it right to assume that staying in the middle of the old quarter would be best? im alright with rowdy and boisterous areas. in fact itll be great! and the main shopping areas, are they also located around here?
6. reccomendations for hotels? my budget would be between 50-70usd a night. and located near the action(shopping and nightlife etc).
wooo that's like alot of questions man. would really really appreciate any help. cause it's super duper needed here! thanks thanks thanks alot