We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first trip to hanoi

singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
first trip to hanoi

hello again!

am going to be travelling to hanoi for the first time and am rather confused. ive done abit of researching and still have a few questions to ask, just to settle any doubts that im gonna have. so here goes..(i realised it's better post all my questions in one post than have multiple posts.)

1. the current currency used in vietnam is usd or vnd? which would be better for a tourist?

2. any other places besides the normal few attractions(ho chi minh's mausoleum, hanoi hilton, literature place etc.) that's reccomended?

3. places with fun activities me and my friends can engage in. fun as in sports and stuff like that.

4. ha long bay. recommended? have done my research and prices hover around the 150-200 usd range for 2d1n, is that a reasonable price?

5. is it right to assume that staying in the middle of the old quarter would be best? im alright with rowdy and boisterous areas. in fact itll be great! and the main shopping areas, are they also located around here?

6. reccomendations for hotels? my budget would be between 50-70usd a night. and located near the action(shopping and nightlife etc).

wooo that's like alot of questions man. would really really appreciate any help. cause it's super duper needed here! thanks thanks thanks alot

gordon

singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: first trip to hanoi

dont have to pay for anything till we get there? omg. neways ive contacted them. waiting for their reply now. woooo!

12. Re: first trip to hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 21, 2009