We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid: APT Travel

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
20 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid: APT Travel

Just came back from their 2D1N tour on Dragon Cruise, operated by APT Travel: www.apttravel.com.vn

Rude, self-absorbed, and insensitive guide and crews. Few rooms did not have AC working on that night, and they didn't apologize but guide shrugged it as "I have told everybody to tell me if there's any problem". Even more ridiculous is the 'karaoke night', where the guide did not turn on the karaoke set until he was forced to (the original arrangement was, guests have to all get foot massage that we must pay for, and then the karaoke set will be turned on), and repeatedly asked 'Is it over yet?' when we were discussing what song was next. When we offered him to sing, out of politeness, he sang non-stop.

He offered additional tours, and when some guests expressed interest to join, he left them unannounced when it was time to go. This was later explained by the guide as, "I have searched for him, but he went missing." Although, he couldn't really explain to the angry Taiwanese couple that got left behind, the couple waited for him when the small boat returned, just to throw some serious rage at him.

Crew hangs around like boss, and pays no respect to the guests. They were saved by the beauty that is Ha Long Bay itself.

Bad quality of food (booked the deluxe package with the promise of better food than the superior, alas, the food served was borderline edible). Bland cauliflower, bland tofu, bad french fries, squid, and cheap rice.

If you want to embark on tour, ask first, who's the operator, if the answer is APT, avoid at all cost.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

Oh my God!

It is very very terrible! it is not polite. Thanks for your opinion. I will avoid APT travel and Dragon Cruise.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

It is so sad. whatever happen, I will send the link of this comment to APT travel. If they care they will reply.

3. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, June 20, 2013
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

Just come back from a 2D/1N Cruise with APT Travel, on a Dragon boat.

Our guide was lovely! He was funny, very polite and had everything organised!!

The boat was also great. The rooms were clean and the A\C worked - Perfect! The food wasn't 5* but it was edable and enjoyable.

The squid fishing at the end of the day was a great way to get all the guests together and have a few beers and a bit of fun - we opted out of the karaoke.

The only down side would be the price of the drinks on the boat... but you cant have everything!!

they've obviously picked their game up - Well worth it and a great 2 days, even though the weather wasnt perfect!!

Nanning, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

I also took this cruise this past week and my friend and I had an amazing time. We chose the 2 days/1 night option from APT travel in Hanoi. They picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off again on the way back. We weren't required to pay for the trip until we returned. My friend had been in a motorbike accident that week and needed a chance to relax, so the boat tour was ideal for us. They ensured that we got a main-level cabin by the restaurant, and gave us a discount since my friend couldn't join some of the activities off the boat. The food was excellent, lots of fresh seafood and vegetables with rice, our tour guide Peter was funny and polite, and the accommodation comfortable and clean. The drink prices on board are also quite reasonable, usually just $1-2 per item for beer, soda, or juice. Our particular cruise included a visit to Surprising Cave, a small private beach where you could climb to the top of the peak for sight-seeing, an outside view of a floating village, 45 minutes of early-morning sea-kayaking, and a visit to a pearl farm. For the price, especially compared to other cruises available at this time, it's nearly impossible to beat in terms of value for money.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

Tauney were you asked to give a review ?

Cheers Ross

Nanning, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

Nope, I just genuinely had a good time!

8. Re: Avoid: APT Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 26, 2015