We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
galaxy cruise

hello there!

ive been reading your forums in here for about a month

trying to check if the galaxy cruise is ok or not

is there anyone who has an experience in this cruise ship?

the hotel suggest this one for us

thanks a lot!

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: galaxy cruise

Hello there,

My girlfriend and I just got back from a 3 day / 2 night cruise wit Galaxy. It was absolutely excellent! Our tour guide Nam, was brilliant and knowledgeable about not only Ha long bay, but Vietnam in general.

Te quality of the boat is great ( it's quite new ). Rooms have very comfortable beds, air con, awesome full size showers and clean modern western style toilets.

The food on board is nothing short of amazing. Absolute fine Vietnamese dining.

We would highly recommend the 3 day tour (as the 2 day would be a bit rushed ).

Kayaking Is also included, which is a great way to get up close and personal with Halong bay.

All in all the experience is a real highlight of our trip. This cruise is suitable for just about anyone, whether you are a single, group or even a honeymoon couple!

2. Re: galaxy cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, October 10, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: galaxy cruise

i would love to rate this galaxy cruise for our halong bay trip. it is so amazing with only 18 passengers that will fit their cabins..not too crowded and what really amazes us was the food they serve we were like...whoah..that's what we call heavy meal yum! we love their boat too quite new and we had a lot of quality time on their roof deck...thumbs up guys! :)

newyork
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: galaxy cruise

We did a 2 day/1 night cruise with Galaxy. Wonderful boat, superior food, great guide....Tung. I researched about 30 boats before selecting Galaxy. Great value and very new boat. Will be difficult to beat this experience.

Staff is outgoing and very friendly. They go out of their way to make this a first class experience for all. Small enough (9 cabins) to truly enjoy. Kayaking and cave exploring were terrific. While there are many boats to choose from, I can't imagine a better one.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: galaxy cruise

We had a Ha Long cruise with Ha Long galaxy tours yesterday and really enjoyed it.

The guide (Son) was very friendly, well organized and knowledgeable. The price was super cheap for everything included and we got dropped off at the hotel. Highly recommended, with the kayaking a real bonus.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: galaxy cruise

Could you tell me if they serve seafood as well as vietnamese food for dinner. We are looking for a good boat for overnight and the Galaxy seems to get good reviews and is quite new.

Thanks

Relly Brisbane

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: galaxy cruise

We only did the day tour, but for lunch they served up western friendly seafood dishes in small tapas style so you could taste a lot of different types of food.

I don't know about the dinner, but there weren't many Vietnamese style dishes for lunch.

Hope that helps.

London
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: galaxy cruise

what is the price of the 3n/2 day trip on the galaxy?

Seattle
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: galaxy cruise

I been quoted $210 for 2 night ($420 for 2 adults). Leaving very soon. I unable to find many comments about Galaxy. All that posted are good. I see on they web site that junk is very new. I see that on second day they move for 1/2 day to different junk, not sure if this OK or not. Any more comments about this cruse?

10. Re: galaxy cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, July 05, 2012