We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex UK
Level Contributor
644 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

I know there are never any guarantees with weather, but when is the best time to visit Halong Bay with decent temperature and least likelyhood of rain.

My own research has left me rather confused, but I'm leaning towards November.

Any advice please?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

Hi there;

You have a right choice to Halong in Nov, this is so far the best time to travel and also two months before June are also very good time.

But prepare for some not good weather at any time, since the climate change make unpredictable.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sunny

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
526 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

I am going to be going to Halong Bay second week of november this year, I hope the weather is good. I will report back with reviews.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

hi, im also going to halong bay on the 2nd week of nov. which website did u book the halong bay junkboat cruise?

4. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:37 am, October 13, 2010
Kawasaki-machi...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

We have just come back from Halong Bay and highly recommend the Golden Lotus Cruise (the brand- new cruise boat in Halong Bay with 10 luxurious cabins). This is very beautiful boat and staff working there were excellent. We really had a great time there and will tell my friend to book this boat if they want to spend the holiday in Halong.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

hi,

I just like to know if its cheaper booking the tour online or is it cheaper to book at the hotel?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

7. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:39 am, December 26, 2010
8. Re: Best time of year to visit Halong Bay.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 19, 2011