We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco Friendly Vietnam

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
490 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Eco Friendly Vietnam

Hello,

Can anyone offer any feedback about this company??

Thanks

Brett

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
490 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

no one ??

is this a good or bad sign??

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Small agent in Cat Ba island, not yet heard any feedback!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

What are you looking from them? maybe you can tell more about what you want?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
104 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Hi !

You can check http://www.ecofriendlyvietnam.com/

but i cant say anything about this company or service never use it or hear about them.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Hi Brett. If this Company is true to its website then for my money thats the way to go. I recently cruised Halong Bay and was disgusted with what I saw in the water and on the beaches.I wish I would have known about them before booking my tour, as even if they cant stop the rubbishing of Halong Bay they deserve to get my money for speaking out. Ross

Zuerich
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Go ahead! Great company! I have been working in Vietnam just more than two years but have been on the junks few times for our weekends. My kids loved kayaking and fishing there. Starting the Ha Long bay tour from Cat Ba is the best choice. The only thing is you have to get up early! I had bad experience to start the tour from Ha Long city: crazy traffic and pollution!

This is a small company but what they are doing are effective and impressive.

Beach resort
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

We are going with them this December for Ha Long, Ninh Binh and Mekong tours. We were recommended by our Irish friend who is working in Hanoi. Wait and see then!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,587 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Katedrance Hi. Would you do us all a huge favour and give us a broad impression of the Halong Bay cruise with Eco-friendly. It is very important for a World Heritage Site such as Halong to be monitored by actual users rather than some other vested interest body. If they are good then I shall unashamedly spruik for them.

Please consider. Thanks Ross

Beach resort
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Dear Mr. Ross,

I heard about the junks and rubbish in Halong bay. We are expecting a lot from our trip in December. I will for sure keep you informed

Beach resort
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Eco Friendly Vietnam

Hi all,

Very sorry for the late reply as I had an accident in Cambodia and I been stuck with lots of things since I got home.

We had wonderful tours in Mekong, Halong bay and Ninh Binh with Eco-friendly Vietnam. Actually the weather in Mekong was not very good but they had good alternative. We enjoyed very much the Halong tour. We took different way to visit the bay. As their promise, we were moored in two different secluded spots for overnight with no other tourist boats around. We did a lot of kayaking through cave tunnels. The water was too cold for swimming in December.

It is a sad fact that the water in Halong bay is getting polluted: too many tourist boats and fish farms. What Eco Friendly VN are trying to do is great but not enough. More people should do the same to clean up the bay. The bay is so beautiful to be polluted!

We also loved the cycling tour in Tam Coc. We cycled through rice fields and villages. We took lots of pictures of people planting rice along the way.

In general, we had a fantastic trip in Vietnam except for the Perfume pagoda tour that we booked with the hotel in Hanoi (it was too bad) and the traffic! I don’t know what you expect to know more. If you want to ask more about our trip in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, you can send your request to my email: katedrance77@googlemail.com

Have a good trip!

Love,

Katie