We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

I will be visting Vietnam for the first time with my family, wife and two kids 10 & 7. We are interested in taking a 2D/1N Halong Junk Cruise. There are so many, can anybody give a recommendation. We have one hotel trying to sell us on the Pinta Cruiser and another on the Huy Hoang. Both of them is in our price range of USD$85, is there any other Junk that is in the same price range that is better? We not into plush but love to see culture, natural beauty and good food.

Mentioned in this post
1958 Restaurant
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Asian, Vietnamese
Linh Dan Restaurant
$$ - $$$, Seafood, European, Asian
Wander Station
$, Cafe, Vietnamese, Asian
1. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, August 22, 2009
NZ
Level Contributor
183 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

We did the Pinta Cruise with our two small children in July. We did the 3 day/2 night option and really loved it. I did not see another boat that I would have preferred to be on. The food was good and way more than we could possibly eat. The staff were lovely and very good with our girls.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

Hi,

Pinta is ok. Why do not you check some other junks as: marguerite Junk ( $75); Legend cruise*( new ) $65; Phoneix Junk $90.

For children, you should choose the Junk with large sun- deck and big Junk as Margurite.

Cheer

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

For that price range I'd normally use Jewel of the Bay - we've booked them many times and they've never let us down. If money's no object, go for Bhaya Cruises.

Hanoi
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

Hi Bhaya Cruises have big promotion

Good luck

Hampshire
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

Hi

We have just hot back from Vietnam and did the Halong Bay Cruise on the Columbus Cruises Pinta Gold. The food was outstanding, the location was fab and the company was great. I'd really recommend this tour.

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,206 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
hanoi
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

Hi flabbert,

Many recomend for you here, with your budget about 80 - 100 USD, you can have many choices especially in this season (big promotion) . Pinta cruiser is quite good, many good comments here and you can chose it for your family holiday

Good luck!

Melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

I went to Vietnam for the first time last September with 4 girlfriends. A few people from work that had already been to Vietnam and visited Halong Bay recommended the Phoenix Cruiser which was USD$99. We booked the 2D/1N cruise through South Pacific Travel (www.southpacifictravel.com.vn)and it was worth every cent! Overall from start to finish the cruise was fantastic. I think with these cruises you really get what you pay for and we were lucky that our junk was one of the nicest. The amount of food alone that was served at each meal was plentiful, delicious (the best we had in Vietnam) and most importantly Vietnamese as the last thing we wanted was Western food. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. Transfers to/from Hanoi, kayaking and cave tour to see the stalactites is included in the price. Overall a very memorable experience. Especially the bar staff entertaining everyone at night with karaoke of local songs!

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,206 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
9. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:05 am, September 16, 2009
10. Re: Halong bay Junk Cruise Help Which One?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 10, 2010