We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indochina Sails or Ginger???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
87 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Indochina Sails or Ginger???

Hi all,

I need advice. I have found available cabins for about the same price on the Ginger and on the Indochina Sails. I have seen posts on both and they seem generally positive. I am concerned about switching of boats by both companies as I have seen reports of this practice on this forum.

Can anyone report on the food on each cruise line? How about the itineraries? Quality of the cabins and service? Cleanliness of the facilities?

I appreciate your input because i don't know which to choose.

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Indochina Sails or Ginger???

We've just got back from a fortnight in Vietnam. Halong Bay is a must (we sailed on Indochina Sails 2). We also had a fabulous time at the Victoria resort in Hoi An - great beach, views, rooms and service.

If you like trekking, then you could go to Sapa - but the overnight journey (even on the Victoria Express) does take it out of you.

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,206 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
Victoria Hoi An Beach...
2,420 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Indochina Sails or Ginger???

Hi Kellycares,

I came back from Halong bay last month. i realized that Indochina sails is much better, the boat is new and the food also good. the itinerary is almost the sames. Yyou should reserve cabin in font of the boat so that you can avoid the noise from boat's engine.

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,206 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
13. Re: Indochina Sails or Ginger???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 08, 2010