We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

London
Level Contributor
275 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

With time constraints, we can only do a 1 day trip to Halong bay from Hanoi in Oct.

Could you please recommend a reputable company to use and what the approx cost would be per person sharing a shuttle bus. We would prefer to use a luxury cruiser if possible.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,208 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hong Kong
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Bai Tho Junk is suitable with you requires. Please contact with Mr Tim Lee at info@indochinavoyages.con for more details, he will consult and offer you the best competitive price for your trip to Halong. I have been taken my trip with his company on Feb, it was a fantastic trip.

2. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, January 24, 2010
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Blubber,

You can choose 2 options for Halong bay trip, with kayak or not. Deluxe trip will offer you a longer trip. I have some good feedback from the customer for Bai Tu Long Junk and South Pacific...etc. It will cost around $35usd/pax for deluxe trip.

The other option without kayak is around $22usd/pax. Don't go with lower price, you will not satify with the quality of the trip.

Hope this helpful

David

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,208 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Paris
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

With a trip for 1day. Actually you dont need a very big company cos they will arrange the same quality of the boat and food would be similar.

So that, you choose a hotel then the hotel can arrange that for you. And they can guarantte the quality for you.

We do the same thing at Hanoi Asia Hotel for the group 6 people.

We really enjoy Accomodation and trips. Sapa& City tour. Hotel manager himself organised all.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
manchester
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Hi Blubber,

We are looking at the Nina Cruiser of Columbus Travel for my mum’s 60th birthday after seeing lots of very good comments in this forum. Communicating with them has been going on very well, reply within 24 hours only. The sales girl there is very friendly. The rate is very appealing with a free bottle of champagne. However, see their website (ninacruiser.com/1-day-halong-bay-champagne-c…) to view images of the cruise.

Good luck!

T

London
Level Contributor
275 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Thank you all for the valuable advice. Will look through your recommendations.

We will be staying at Hotel Elegance 4 and they offer a 1 day tour of Halong Bay for $107 which includes transport, lunch etc. Has anyone taken this tour and do you have any opinions on it in terms of service, guide, accuracy of the intinerary.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,208 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Brisbane
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Hi,

The cheapest is the dearest, you know. Your trip depends on the boat you are going to book. I just posted a review on the Pinta Gold of Columbus Travel in this forum. I could not speak more highly of it. Everything went beyond our expectations.

Anyway, a day trip to this Unesco Heritage Site is definitely too short, as you see.

Cheers.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Hi, is the price the same as the internet pricing if you arrived and booked at Hanoi itself?

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Bristol England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Hi i have just come back from Vietnam and took a 2 day 1 night cruise to Halong bay. I booked through a tour shop in Hanoi called Sinh Cafe which is a reputable company however there are fake Sinh Cafe and i now believe this is one of them. I payed just $55 for my trip and it was awful, i was harrassed by the captain after he got high on drugs and treated like cattle on the journey to the boat. The boat itself must of been the worst in the whole port ironically it was called dream voyage but what ever you do dont use this boat. I should have booked through my hotel who i think was charging $55 for just the day but they were offering the most beautiful boat called the Pheonix cruiser which i annoyingly was moored right next too on the overnight trip. It looked fantastic and very luxurious.

Mentioned in this post
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,208 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Bristol England
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best company for a 1 day cruise at Halong Bay from Hanoi?

Its alot cheaper in Hanoi itself !

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam