We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagoon Explorer

Melbourne
Level Contributor
204 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lagoon Explorer

I just got back from a 2 day/1 night trip on this junk a couple of days ago and found it to be fantastic.

We shared the boat with another Aussie family of four who were just wonderful people. Many thanks to Anna, Richard, Ben and Max for help making the trip so great!

The LG11 is a very intimate boat with a crew of 5 to service your every need. Their is a ridiculous amount of food they serve, with an abundance of seafood. They also went out of there way to cook for the 4 kids on board.

The Bay itself was awesome, truly a wonder and photos do not do it justice. We were lucky with nice calm, overcast weather so it didn't get too hot and we didn't get rain.

I highly recommend this boat and encourage people not to miss the wonders of this great place.

CRB-CXR/VVCR, Khanh...
Level Contributor
846 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagoon Explorer

This is one of the Ha Long cruise lines I've recommended over the years - often with negative comments from a limited audience.

Your praise is well placed and shows why paying just a few dollars more will make your Ha Long Bay explorations a quantum leap better.

Emeraude uses larger ships.

Both Emeraude and < www.Tropical-Sails.com > accept bookings directly which cuts out all those shady characters in the Ha Noi travel industry and enable you to cut your costs.

Let the doubting Shelagh's make note that two Australian families thought it was good.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagoon Explorer

hi kirby

thanks for your post , it is a great trip isn't it and yes the food OMG we had to tell them to not bring anymore out , which made our guide have a little chuckle .....so relaxing !

darlek ,

what is a shelagh ?

how have you been recommending this boat for years , you only became a member in march 2007 ?? or do you mean away from the forum , in which case you are in the travel industry game ?

while searching prices for my trip , i contacted the company directly , there price was not cheaper then any of the middle mens prices + i had to pay extra for traveling to and from halong bay on top of the cruise price . not 1 middleman told me this was an extra cost , and the middle man that i eventually did book with was much cheaper than the companys quote including the traveling .

finaly , a numerous amount of people have recommended this boat for quite some time , regardless of country of origin .

cheers

bat

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagoon Explorer

Hi Bat ,

I'm searching one for my tour in Nov., 2007. which company did you book for your HLB tour? Please ...... give me a hint.

Thanks.

VT

Yeppoon, Australia
Level Contributor
277 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagoon Explorer

OMG Kirbys, can't believe I haven't asked for photos............. What were the duvet's like. Can you remember the thread count on the linen? Was it high quality?? How about the towels? Did you see any buckets of frogs lying about???

By the way is a shelagh like a Shelia??? You know an Aussie Chick?? Is that what you meant?

Cheers ThemMonkeys :)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
204 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagoon Explorer

The duvets looked good to me but then again I'm a male and honestly wouldn't know!! ;-)

Everthing was of good quality to my eye.

sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lagoon Explorer

Hi there

can you give us an email or more details on LG11 - how much it cost etc and do you have any pics - what were the cabins like

thanks kevin

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lagoon Explorer

http://www.tropical-sails.com/

they own the boat , and the email addy should be on their website .

this thread is almost 12 months old , so i guess prices have risen considerably .

it can be booked theough other agents as well , but be carefull , they will tell you its the LG2 they are taking you to , then put you on some other boat.

so i sugest doing you home work and read a lot of threads on here to see which company is best to book through .

cheers

batt

8. Re: Lagoon Explorer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 29, 2009
;