We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

Which Da Lat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

Hi - I may be missing something but this forum appears to be the only way I can flag up that there appears to be a problem with the Trip Advisor link to the No 1 recommended hotel - "Dreams" - in Dalat. The link actually took me (and I note also at least one other traveller) to "My Dreams Hotel" - which, confusingly, is situated on the same road as Dreams Hotel - but, as the owner of Dreams Hotel pointed out at the end of my review, is not the same hotel and apparently has no connection with it. My wife and I actually stayed at My Dreams Hotel and only realised when I came to review it that it was NOT the hotel at the top of the TA recommended list. I should point out that we enjoyed our stay at My Dreams Hotel - as my review indicated. However, it apparently does not offer as many facilities as Dreams and I suggest that travellers who specifically want to stay at Dreams need to check very carefully that the TA link takes them to the right hotel. (I checked just before writing this message and, again, the link on the Dreams Hotel review took me through to My Dreams Hotel)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

Ah, finally worked out what you mean by "link". What you clicked on was the Agoda.com link (and yes that goes to "My Dreams Hotel".

It's often better to book directly through a hotel's website, I always Google it if there isn't a link (paid for by the proprietor) on the TA review page.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

Hi YorkFoodie

Thanks for the reply to my message. I may appear to be very naive about this but I had assumed that when I clicked on the "Show Prices" icon (which I referred to as the link), that this was a direct "link" to the Dreams Hotel and that the prices being quoted by Agoda actually referred to Dreams. If I had been more alert, I should have registered at the time that the "link" had taken me to My Dreams Hotel and not Dreams. However, looking at another reviewer's comment on the Dreams Hotel review section (titled "Beware"). he had obviously made the same mistake as me. I take from your advice that, in future, I should be a bit more circumspect when making a booking.

Thanks again

John

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

Ah. For future reference, the "Shpw prices" button launches searches on the various agency websites (such as agoda, Hotels, Expedia, Bookings, Venere etc) which offer prices which may or may not be discounted, for that hotel. Which ones are connected with that particular property are written under the "Show prices" button. In the case of Dreams hotel, only agoda is listed.

When you click on the "Show prices" button, it launches a new window in which the word "agoda" is prominently displayed in the top left corner. That's who you are dealing with. Also the hotel name in large bold black letters "My Dreams Hotel" is displayed at the top of the description. These would have been your clues.

If the hotel has a website link, it will be on the same line as the hotel's address under its name at the top, above the photo. It's a little icon of a computer with the word "website". That would take you to the hotel's website and not a third party agency. Dreams apparently does not have this (they have to pay TA for the link). When I don't see a direct link I Google it because I prefer to deal with the company in question. Can save some hassles in the long run, for instance if you have to change the booking for any reason.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

Hi again,

many thanks for taking the time to send me such a comprehensive response. I now understand how I should be using the TA hotel review information - as you may have gathered, I have so far been labouring under the erroneous assumption that going via the "Show Prices" link was the way to proceed with a booking.

A final question if I may - to complete my education - in the case of a hotel like Dreams which doesn't have its own website, I assume that the only way to book a room directly with the hotel is either by phone or by e-mail. Is this correct?

Thanks and regards

John

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

No, Dreams has its own website

http://www.dreamshoteldalat.com/

which you can find by typing "dreams hotel dalat" into Google's search box, as you can with most hotels. (If you have used Google and not come up with the hotel's website, then yes, you have to phone or email.)

It just doesn't have a link on the TripAdvisor page. Hotel owners, as I stated before, have to pay a fee to TripAdvisor to get the link put on the page. Many don't feel the need.

6. Re: Dalat - Dreams or My Dreams Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 21, 2014