We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long for a Dalat visit

Noosa, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
how long for a Dalat visit

We are to visit Dalat in early October and wondered how long we should stay? How far afield can we go on a day trip - we will stay at the Dreams hotel becos' of positive feedback..... is the lake still empty?

Any suggestions welcomed

thankyou - busternoosa

1. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:36 am, April 28, 2012
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

Lake is full. 2-3 nights should be fine. Will be starting to get cooler in October.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

Well, I was there for 3 nights/2.5 days and it was nowhere near enough. If I hadn't paid for my flight to Hanoi before arriving in Dalat I would have stayed much longer as I had by no means exhausted all the things to see and do in Dalat and the surrounding countryside.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
680 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

We stayed for two nights and wish we had stayed longer. We had a full day tour in the countryside, flower farms, elephants falls, silk places etc and a city tour with Easy Riders. We wish we had time to just walk around the lake and around the town. If we are lucky enough to visit Vietnam again, I would still go to Dalat again as I am sure there are more things to do and see.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,650 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

I'm in Creaky's and Gairlochlass's camp. We were there 3 nights/2.5 days and hope to go back as we don't feel we've even scratched the surface. Wish on our first visit to VN we had ignored the guidebooks which opined that Da Lat is cheesy; certainly some aspects are but most is not. I think you could say the same about most places in the world :-)

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
698 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

We are staying 6 nights as we found that doing 6 in each place was just right for us enough time to visit everything and also just to wander around and chill and enjoy the people and the area. But it is something totally up to you. We found doing tourist stuff and then a couple of days off and then another tourist day and then relax and get ready to move on was great for us. Hope you have a great time.

Keza

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,895 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

Yorkie, not so much cheesy as gloriously, delightfully kitsch. And kitsch doesn't come much kitschier than the Hang Nga Crazy House, although in the Central Highlands I came across some gold-painted Buddhist statuary that came a close second.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,578 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

I think I have to disagree with Creaky and others here. I have been to Dalat many times and am familliar with the attractions and the countryside. In my opinion, 2 nights is enough.... if not more than enough to see everything that is "Dalat". Hiring a rider for a full day will get you to see most of the popular sites.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

I'm in the camp with those who suggest a couple of nights is plenty.

It is a place you have to see - but it's sort of like going to see a dog walking on its hind legs.

The cross between Vietnamese and cheesy kitsch is interesting, but not really what you came to Vietnam for.

Having said all that the Crazy House is really fun. The cable car is a must, and there are some falls with a really cool toboggan ride. Other than that I'd try some trekking if you're not into the silk factory / coffee platation / rice wine yawnfests.

Definitely wear closed in shoes when trekking - we saw two snakes in our short visit.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how long for a Dalat visit

4 days - 3 nights if you want to conquer Lang Biang moutain. And 3 days - 2nights for only Da Lat. So you can visit the Dankia lake, Domain De Marie cathedral, Datanla water fall