We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

13 posts
Save Topic
Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

Hello

We didn't book our flight on time for Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh and now we need to find a car to take us there. We know there is a bus, but it is our last day and dont want to waste an extra 3 hours on the bus.

Has anyone hired a company to do this? I just go quoted 450$ which I know is too much. There are websites but you never know with them.

We are leaving May 2nd from Da Lat if anyone happens to be in the same situation and wants to join us!

Thanks

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

It seems quite expensive, if they quote that price it is better to take flight than long way on car. Also you can check online to find some other, they may offer better price.

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

all the flights are overbooked for the day I need.

I also found 110$ and 150$ for that

Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

i did it regularly as i work in a hotel. It's around $140 to hire a driver and a comfotable car ( Toyota Fortuner) to drive you to HCM city. Please email me if you need help

kay.dj90@gmail(doc)com

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

When you say all the flights were booked on the day you want to go. Did you check with all the airlines that service that route?

13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

Yes. I checked all the fights. I think because it is sold out because it is the holiday. there are the flights the day before and after, but it is the only day we have to travel back

13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

It turns out I have good luck and seats opened up on the flight I needed!!! So I wil no loner drive.

For anyone who wants to do the drive at one point, I found budget car to be the most reliable for communication and a good price at 150$.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

Hi. I am travelling with my family of young teens and a senior citizen, altogether 10pax. We are considering hiring a van or car with driver to take us from DaLat to HCM. Will the drive be a scenic drive with interesting places to stop and visit? Or would a direct flight be more practical? Thanks.

Edited: 10:49 am, June 10, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
11,155 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

@MandyB, can you please share which airline you booked with, prices, and also the budget car transfer details please? It would be great info for the forum.

cheers.

13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

Hi @sweetbiscuit21

I ended finding a flight- they seemed to have reserved some seats, and then freed them a week or so later.

The whole time I flew between cities, I used Jetstar, although VietJet is another possibility. I paid 106 USD per person, including a 20kg bag and reserved seating.

For the private car from Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh, one of the better quotes I received, by a company I have heard good things about through this site was 115$ USD for 2 people from Mrs. Ha Luong of Vietland Discovery (www.vietland-discovery.com).

If you are strapped on time, I would definitely suggest flying.

-Good luck!

Colorado
Level Contributor
427 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Da Lat to Ho Chi Minh by Car

I used a bus the other day, a huge day sleeper bus, on national highway, a lot of it is 1 lane each direction, I just don't feel comfortable being on the road with much heavier vehicles.

As other suggested, as I used today, the train, or I also used Vietjet Air, much quicker, I feel much safer.