We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Lat or Can Tho??

13 posts
Save Topic
Da Lat or Can Tho??

Hi. Doing a quick trip in Vietnam for first time

Doing HCMC - Hoi An (Maybe Hue) - ???? - HCMC for flight home.

We are flying everywhere to save time but I cannot decide between Da Lat and Can Tho.

It would be a two day stop.

The Mekong Delta seems very interesting and everyone says you need to go, but besides the floating market, nothing else seems interesting.

Da Lat seem cool because of possibility of hikes, cool architecture, coffee tours.

Anyone been to both and can help me choose??

Red Deer
Level Contributor
21 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

We went to Can Tho and it was actually really nice, there is a market down town at night as well as a small food market a block over. The whole town actually comes alive at night, there is a great walk along the Mekong.

We did the floating market early in the morning and it was amazing it was just the boat driver, tour guide and me and my wife. The guide picked us up at 6 am. The next day we did a cycle tour with the same company (eco tours) and that too was amazing, lots of stops to try different fruits, coffee, food etc. we were there for only 2 days.

We didn't go to Da Lat, but I can tell you Can tho was great.

13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

Thank you for your response. I am hearing such mixed things!

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

Mekong Delta is the first choice in the South of VN. If you have a few days more, you can take a visit to Dalat city.

Cheers

DinHo

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

I went to Mekong in 2009 and wasnt blown away.... Dalat i was there in November 2016 and blown away....

Here is my review:

wanderlusttarrants.com/2016/…

Go to Dalat without a doubt. So beautiful

Edited: 7:05 am, March 20, 2017
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

I had read your post before asking this and its a big reason why my decision is so hard to make!!!

I just feel like Mekong Delta is an important thing to see, but Dalat seems much more chill.

London, UK
Level Contributor
230 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

Hi,

Sorry ! but this is a bit like asking should I visit London or Paris. Can Tho and Dalat are quite different, although of course both in Vietnam and I have spent some time in both places. They are both interesting and very nice places to visit.

Can Tho has very interesting floating markets to visit.

Dalat has a wonderful cool climate and has many things to see and do and beautiful surrounding countryside.

On balance, I would choose Dalat, but as you only have two days what you can see and experience will be limited. I think Can Tho has enough to keep you occupied for two days.

Whatever you finally decide I hope you have a great time in Vietnam.

Safe travels!

Keith

7. Re: Da Lat or Can Tho??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 22, 2018