We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street food tours

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Street food tours

Hi

We are interested in doing a street food tour on our upcoming trip to Vietnam but are wondering if any particular city/town is better than any other for this kind of tour. We'll be in Hanoi, Hue, Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh so could do a tour in any of those places - is there anything to recommend one over the other?

Thanks

Wirral
Level Contributor
783 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street food tours

Hi, If your budget allows, I would certainly do the XO Foodie tour ! I myself have done it twice. Its a great night out with great girls, and fantastic food. You also get to see Saigon in a different way. Just check out the reviews on Trip advisor.

Regards

bb

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Street food tours

I am considering doing the food tour in Hanoi. The reviews seem to be very good, and it is only $20 per person in case the XO tour is too much for your budget

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street food tours

Contact Hanoi kids they are free and do great tour. University students with lots of chat and great ideas.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,959 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Street food tours

"Hi, If your budget allows, I would certainly do the XO Foodie tour!"

Absolutely agree with bertie.

It's probably one of the more expensive things you'll do in Vietnam, but it truly is a fantastic night.

Cheers,

Scott

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Street food tours

"are wondering if any particular city/town is better than any other for this kind of tour."

Actually the food in each part of Vietnam is different, if you are a big fan of gastronomy then you should do the street food tour in all destination that you mentioned: Hanoi, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh city. Or you totally can easily find the travel guide for the address of recommended food in Vietnam, grab a free map in your hotel and then wander around to explore yourself. I think it's not too hard to do :)

Hope my comment helps!

Best Price Vietnam team.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
524 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Street food tours

I love Hanoi and street foods in there. You should book foods tour in Hanoi, as i know Hanoi have a lot of free tour guide for tourists.

Happy travels!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
209 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Street food tours

In Hanoi you may wanna try Hanoi Street Food Tour (they've received many good reviews from the tourists). or like post #3, contact Hanoi kids and ask them guide you to the most wonderful food stalls in the old quarter of Hanoi (great thing that they're free and the little "tour guides" - most students, are very friendly and dynamic).

Good luck!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Street food tours

Food tour is an extremely experiment, but to comparison between cities, I will choose Hanoi, otherwise the other cities are good but Hanoi have some different meals.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
206 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Street food tours

HI SheffJK

Hanoi is definitely the place to do the street food tour. Food is best in Hanoi and Vietnamese normally say " eat north" which means the food in the north is better than anywhere else.

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Street food tours

Hi We have just done Hanoi Street Food tours and it was amazing. They focus on foods that are typical to Hanoi so as the others say, each area will be a different experience. Even my fussy eater child absolutely loved it 😀