We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Tennessee
8 posts
Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Hi all, I need to obtain a Vietnam visa but there are so many websites online. I am just wondering which ones are legit and which ones are not. Which is the official website? I heard Myvietnamvisa applies for the visa letter as a group and your name, date of birth, and passport number is included in your group's (bunch of random people who applied for the letter as well) letter.

Any advice is appreciated - thanks!

33 replies to this topic
Orange Park, Florida
Level Contributor
4,212 posts
19 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

It I'd good...

I use vietnamvisapro.net

Cheapest

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,995 posts
83 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Truth is that there are hundreds of vendors in Vietnam that provide this service (travel agents as well as hotels, mostly). Yes the agency you specified is legit. You should know that pricing for the letter varies from zero to about $25. - $15. is the average for 1 month single entry. I personally use http://www.visa4vietnam.com (an agency based in Hanoi).

Now the official visa website (assume you're talking about the government) has nothing to do with the VOA, and as another post confirms, there is real competition between the visa the VN embassy sells directly and the VOA letter. I'm not surprised that first timers are thoroughly confused, but I can just say that I've been through the process 7 times now, and the VOA is both the cheapest way to go, but also the fastest and most convenient way to go.

Print out the letter the VOA agency will email to you (You have the option of a private VOA letter at many agencies), show that letter to the airline you fly to Vietnam, present the letter along with $45. (single entry/30 day) along with a single passport photo to the VISA desk inside the Immigration gates at your arrival airport, and they will put a sticker visa inside your passport. You then proceed to one of the Immigration gates for stamping and entry.

(the arrival form can be completed before or after arrival - many agencies allow you to download the form)

Edited: 1:47 pm, September 27, 2015
Tennessee
8 posts
3. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Thank you all for confirming! As a first timer I definitely got very confused. I am applying for my VOA as we speak- thanks again!

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
6 helpful votes
4. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Hey Charles! Did myvietnamvisa.com end up working for you? We are heading there soon, and I felt more comfortable with this process rather than sending in my passport for a visa BEFORE we arrived.. but I wanted to make sure the process and company were indeed 200% legit! :) Thank you!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
11,620 posts
261 reviews
207 helpful votes
5. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Dear MSporcher.

Did you not read the other posts. There are no scams.

I have used several different agents over 6 yrs with no problems.

www.starvietnamvisa.com fee $16

www.vietnamvisapro.net fee $10

The cheaper ones send in bulk applications to save you money.

If you dont like that arrangement pay more and have a private letter instead but you need to request it as the default is always bulk applications.

Can you imagine the thousands of applications per day so doing them in bulk also saves time too.

Warm regards and travel safe in Vietnam, Dirty Pierre.

2 posts
1 review
6. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Hi,

Could you please share your experience with myvietnamvisa.com? I am travelling to Vietnam and looking for a legitimate website for visa on arrival. Thank you very much.

Jithin

7. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:40 am, July 16, 2016

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
11,620 posts
261 reviews
207 helpful votes
8. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Dear Jithin,

Please read all the posts in this thread.

I iterate, there are not illegitimate visa online agents, the only thing that varies is the fees they charge, therefore go for the cheapest.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
11,620 posts
261 reviews
207 helpful votes
9. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Typo in my post.

It should've read there are no illegitimate online visa agents.

2 posts
1 review
10. Re: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?

Thank you very much for the information!

Reply to: Is Myvietnamvisa legit?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted