We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

Oregon
3 posts
Save Topic
Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

I was told that the current Visa processing fee (not the stamping fee for a VOA) for a single entry, one month (or less) Visa through the Vietnamese embassy in Washington D.C., is currently $100. Can anyone please confirm this? The amounts I have seen listed on TA are somewhat less.

224 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vietnam
Level Contributor
9,923 posts
Save Reply
181. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

Hi Itchy,

On our first trip to Vietnam in 2014 we organised our visas through the Embassy.

Having it all done in advance, as well as the VOA process seemed confusing, were the reasons we went that way.

On our second trip last year, we decided to do VOA.

Having now done both, I will never again use the Embassy for visa purposes.

As DP said, it is completely safe and legitimate.

In fact it's safer, as you don't have to trust your postal service with your passports.

Cheers,

Scott

1 post
Save Reply
182. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

Hello,

Does anyone know the stamping fee for a 3-month multiple entries visa is (as of 2017)?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
183. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

was this for a multiple entry visa?

jacksonville
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
184. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

Nhi V

At the VOA website they have a list of all fees.

The site I use is vietnamvisapro.net

Grand Rapids...
1 post
Save Reply
185. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

Can somebody please clarify if this statement on the Vietnam Embassy website is accurate then? From what I can tell, VOAs will not work for tourism.

- The Embassy of Vietnam in Washington D.C would like to inform that:

a. Visitors must obtain for a valid visa issued by the Embassy of Vietnam in Washington D.C before boarding for their travel to Vietnam.

b. According to current Vietnamese Immigration Laws (Ordinance on entry, exit, residence of foreigner in Vietnam dated 28/04/2000; Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP dated 28/05/2001; Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT-BCA-BNG dated 29/01/2002 to implement related Ordinance and Decree), visitors can only apply for a visa upon arrival at Vietnam’s international airports/border gates under the following circumstances:

Attending funerals of family members;

Taking care of family members who are seriously ill;

Providing technical emergency support; medical care for seriously-ill patients; natural disaster and epidemic relief in Vietnam;

Being invited by Vietnamese government;

Other emergencies.

Under the above-mentioned circumstances, visitors must obtain an approval letter signed and sealed by the Embassy prior to their trips to Vietnam.

c. The Embassy is not responsible for any inconveniences if visitors are not allowed to go on board the plane to Vietnam or are refused to enter Vietnam in case they do not have a valid visa or a letter of approval issued by the Embassy.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
10,868 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
186. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

If that were true, how come I have I been entering Vietnam every 3 months for the last 8 years using VOA issued by www.vietnamvisapro.net ?

Ah that's right the embassies have been losing their cash cow to the vastly cheaper VOA.

You do the sums $31 using VOA compared to $85 via embassy but you have to also add postage both ways making it an even bigger saving.

Edited: 4:25 pm, June 21, 2017
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
187. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

Please tell me what you learned about the fee. I would like to mail today.

Absecon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
22 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
188. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

I have used the VOA for the past 4 years as a tourist and never had any problem. I used to use the "Old School" Process by sending my Passport to DC to the Vietnam Embassy - $65. This September I'll be using the E.Visa - the easiest process and cheapest. Good Luck!

Edited: 3:12 pm, June 30, 2017
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
189. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

I just applied for a Vietnam VISA in Canada. I was told 120$ US/ person for a 1month multiple entry. I was quite shocked because a 10years canadian passport only cost me 160$ CAN.

I felt somewhat cheated. The fees are not listed on the official website. It would be somewhat less of a shock if it was written on the ambassy website along with all the documents we need to fill up.

Ba Ria-Vung Tau...
Level Contributor
920 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
190. Re: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$

go read #186 all you need to know, get a 3 month single in case you plan a little longer, if you plan on going to Cambodia get a multi entry, VOA the way to go,

Reply to: Current Vietnam VISA fee in US $$$
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted