We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

Ho Chi Minh VietNam
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

We just arrived in HCMC and used Hanh Cafe open tour bus company. We are in our 50's, world travelers and non-complainers until now. Do yourself a favor and choose another company. I will not go into detail about our experience but suffice it to say that using them was a big mistake. They do not care anything about their customers, treating them like cattle and walking dollar signs. Nothing more. If you don't mind dirty buses, broken AC, broken seats, rude workers, bad shocks on buses, not leaving on time, walking a lot when you don't feel like it, being shuttled to other company buses, bad drivers and tickets that don't do what they promise, then Hanh Cafe is the company for you. But if you want better customer service, clean buses, timely pickups and a good value for your money, look elsewhere.

131 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
230 reviews
134 helpful votes
1. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

Feel your pain Happiness but the TA forum seems to be full of bad reports such as yours. Just out of curiosity, and as an assist to others, did you check any forums before booking with them???

Hope the rest of your trip was more positive.

Mark

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,463 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

Well happiness if you would have put a search in on TA for Hanh Cafe,you would have been told exactly what you are now telling us. I know it doesn't help for me to say that, but it yet again may help someone else.

Cheers Ross

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
742 posts
46 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

Agree with above comments , a little legwork can save a lot of hassle , maybe next time !!!!!!!!!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
15 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

Gee i've put 3 do not use Hanh topics on the top questions and the travel article about buses in HCMC advise against using them.

I could sign every post with the list of things to avoid in Vietnam but I guess the sig will be bigger than any of my post :-(

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
32 reviews
12 helpful votes
5. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

"Gee i've put 3 do not use Hanh topics on the top questions and the travel article about buses in HCMC advise against using them."

Sadly they are one of the more popular companies. Many tour publications promote them and other old worn out carriers. There are some very good ones, but the travel guides and forums always suggest the old worn out ones.

Owee58

Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
15 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

Owen, they are very cheap so always full of Vietnamese people.

And from Nha Trang to Mui Ne there are 3 companies, Sinh, Hanh and tm Brother, so people please queue up at Sinh...Puong Trang, the best, is only servicing Saigon.

And they are still the worse of the best, imagine the worst of the trash....

What I really did not like was the staff stealing my money, the bus was trash but for an afternoon trip I can survive and a bus crash is rare during the day, I was prepared to count the bikes killed per hours...

Au Train, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
35 helpful votes
7. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

We regrettably broke "our rule of thumb" and booked before we read the reviews. It was a spur of the moment decision, which we've all done, and unfortunately paid the price. After our five journeys with Hanh were done, I went to the office in Saigon to "vent". The lady gave me a card with the email address to write to complain and lo and behold, my email was returned with a message, "mailbox full". The shiny new buses are a facade for a company that will surely "take you for a ride".

Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
15 reviews
13 helpful votes
8. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

<<The shiny new buses are a facade for a company that will surely "take you for a ride".>>

Has anybody used one of the sleeper brand new bus marked Hanh?

Did they just buy 2 new buses to use from Saigon to Nha Trang via Mui Ne so everybody think that they are a good company?

Sinh has decent but mixed bus ages, Phuong Trang is all new, the company, the buses, the blankets :-) I hope they will expand the routes...

Wellington, New...
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

We have a similarly horrible recommendations for the Hanh Cafe Bus Company!

Our hotel booked the sleeper bus for us from Hoi An to Hanoi as a last resort as the sleeper trains were fully booked and because we didn't know the company we were booked with we couldn't be forewarned.

Highlights included an overbooked bus to Hue with some passengers sitting in fold out seats in the aisle, broken air-conditioning and no communication between the staff and passengers whatsoever.

When we changed to our sleeper bus, which was also overbooked, there were small cockroaches wandering around and mosquitos. We were put in the cramped back of the bus, and the driving consisted of a dangerous swerving between trucks and other buses. We also stopped at a truck stop where the toilets were rife with insects and appeared to be leaking onto the floor quite significantly. Finally, at the end of our trip the staff let a man on who crawled up next to us to advertise his hotel.

The trip was ok for me as a short (4'11") woman and I got some sleep but a taller person might not be so lucky. All in all the staff's bad attitude only made the poor quality facilities worse.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
10,463 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
10. Re: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company

I have used Hanh Cafe coaches from Mui Ne to HCMC on many occasions during the day with absolutely no problems at all. I do prefer Phoung Trang though they are by far the best Coach Company in VN.

I have not been on any Hanh sleeper buses and would put all sleeper buses into the one category "not to be used".

Cheers Ross

Reply to: Beware of Hanh Cafe open tour bus company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted