We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

I have been trying to book domestic flights on the Vietnam Airlines website. Once I enter my Visa credit card details I get directed back to the same page instead of the verified by visa page. I also tried booking with my MasterCard and I'm getting a page which says system error. Anyone else had similar issues?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Had a problem like that with Cebu airline Philippines, but all four of my Vietnam airlines purchases went really smooth, so I'm not sure what's happening there for you.

In any case....

Whatever airline you eventually succesfully book with, make sure that you bring your credit card (that you bought the tickets with) to the airport because it is MANDATORY for them to see it.Not 100% sure why, but it is!

Cheers!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,901 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Are you sure you're using the correct site http://www.vietnamairlines.com

and the correct country?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

I would contact your card issuer, just to make sure it isn't blocked. When I first tried booking flights on VA web site, using my CC, it turned out that while my own card issuer didn't have a block, the 3rd party agents that they used to validate transactions did. The phone call cured all. Worth a try anyway.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Daawgon post #2...good point!

I now remember that I went to the wrong website first before I found the authentic/real Vietnam airlines site. I had problems at that first site. Maybe that's the problem the OP is experiencing?

Cheers!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Thanks guys. Tried everything...just does not seem to work :(...Checked with my bank and the airline staff. Nobody has a clue as to why its not going through.

@69bertie...was your card issuer able to unblock from the 3rd party agents side?

Hanoi
Level Contributor
236 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Have tried few times with Vietnam airline but now using Booking office for quicker services!!

Papamoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
10 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

We are having the exact same problem in the last few days !! we have checked with the bank and they said its a glitch their end. Its very frustrating I know as we had booked some members of our family group a couple of weeks ago and now can't book the rest for the same reason as you. You can book through other sites but they charge significantly more ! Let us know if you have any luck

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

I gave up on the website...I requested the hotel guys to do it.They were really helpful and booked it immediately.They charged me the same price on the website+3 usd service charge per ticket.Check with your hotel and see if they can do it for you.

Papamoa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
10 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Thank you for that. We were trying to book flights for next year as we already have our International Flights. Hopefully Vietnam Airlines Online booking system will sort itself out soon ..... if your hotel could do it , sounds like it must be using the Visa or MasterCard causing the problem ! We tried both too but like I said we did manage to get half of our bookings done before this happened. Enjoy your trip :)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam Airlines-Online booking

Prathiba

@69bertie...was your card issuer able to unblock from the 3rd party agents side?

--------

Yes. Was done while I was on the phone by the card issuer.

=========

Prathiba

I gave up on the website...I requested the hotel guys to do it.They were really helpful and booked it immediately.They charged me the same price on the website+3 usd service charge per ticket.Check with your hotel and see if they can do it for you.

---------------

Just hope you are paying separately. Most hotels will add 3% of the bill on to the final amount if you settle by card. I would get the final amount clarified.

Edited: 3:01 am, October 25, 2012