We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

California
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
32 reviews
25 helpful votes
Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

I am hesitant in apply for a visa on arrival by doing it online with a letter consisting of a group of folks with their passport number, birthdate, name etc.

Is there a reliable , inexpensive and safe online visa on arrival for U.S. citizen which will only send a Private letter and not including other people's names?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

You can not do that, approval letter must shown information of each person

There are many online visa service, you can search on this forum

Good luck

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
74 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

I disagree, you need to shop around. I know of more than one person who got a private letter. I think your chances are better with a smaller agency or hotel for the VOA.

Edited: 10:12 pm, September 29, 2012
California
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
32 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

The hostel I will be staying at in Hanoi offered to help with the visa letter. I thought it would be better online with a visa on arrival agency as it is more legitimate.

Amy name of company that would do so?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
649 posts
54 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

I used Smile Travel Vietnam and there was only myself and my partners details on the letter. They are a good company with quick responses. I have used other companies that have had large lists of peoples details on them on other occasions and never experienced any problems.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
51 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

Any travel company with full licence will be able to this no problem at all for the fee between 20-30 usd for the private letter.Some might do cheaper.

All you have to do is contact them and provide your flight details, scan of passport and thats it.They will tell you what else you need to do.

You can search in this forums there are plenty of travel agents with good reputation. let them do the work for you for very little money.

Cheers,

Nhung

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
58 reviews
95 helpful votes
6. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

No problem with being on a list - info is no value to anyone. What is exactly your concern? ( over paranoid???) lol

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,404 posts
74 reviews
58 helpful votes
7. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

In this age of identity theft, I think silCa has every reason to be concerned. Just because some of us have had no problems with the group letter does not mean that there could not be problems down the road.

Edited: 8:57 am, September 30, 2012
Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
58 reviews
95 helpful votes
8. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

^age of identity paranoia more like it. Like I said nowt to worry about. ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
929 posts
20 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

If anyone on our letter of eight other people wanted to engage in identity theft they'd be easily identified wouldn't they?

10. Re: Vietnam visa on arrival- private not group letter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, October 01, 2012
Edited: 4:05 am, October 01, 2012