We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da Lat scenery

Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
212 reviews
Da Lat scenery

After 10 or so visits to Viet Nam I can say I've seen some beautiful countryside along the way but none more beautiful than the drive to Da Lat. The winding road, the mist as it climbs the mountainside......waterfalls....scenic dropoffs....that are awe inspiring. Dont miss this if you have the time. I had the pleasure of a leasurely moto bike ride to Da Lat from Nha Trang. Now coming home I chose the back way out to Cam Ranh via hwy #20 that is a road in name only....not for the faint of heart....or anyone really. Treacherous to say the least and felt quite accomplished when I finally made it back in one piece.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
591 posts
1. Re: Da Lat scenery

next time, try and find time to drive from north of kontum to ben's place,

from khe sanh take the drive tru the phong nha ke bang national park, awesome and NO traffic / we saw 2 motorbikes over 175 kms

the area is incredible

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Da Lat scenery

Being familliar with that road I have to say I am releived that you did not end up using my motorcycle like originally planned ;)

Owee

www.owee58.com

Tarentum...
Destination Expert
for Da Nang, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park
Level Contributor
3,238 posts
212 reviews
3. Re: Da Lat scenery

I really hadn't expected the level of disrepair this road was in but it adds a new layer of adventure to my Viet Nam tale....Sissy would have beem left for dead I'm afraid....yes I'm glad she didn't accompany me on this trip.

San Francisco...
4 posts
4. Re: Da Lat scenery

Hi, I would like to visit Nha Trang in April for a few days, then off to Da Lat, can anyone suggest on how to get to Da Lat from Nha Trang? How long does it take? Thank you.

San Francisco...
4 posts
5. Re: Da Lat scenery

I also need some tips on how to get from Ha Noi to Hue to Hoi An, then from Hoi An to Nha Trang. I wiil be spending 2 days in each location. Thank you in advance.

6. Re: Da Lat scenery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 03, 2014