We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

gold coast australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

I was considering using Vietnam Travel Channel tours (http://www.vietnamtravelchannel.com/index.htm) for a tour of Dien Bien Phu.

They seem easy to confuse with Mrs Ha of Vietland tours.

Has anyone used Vietnam Travel Channel tours and were your happy with the service?

Mentioned in this post
Dien Bien Phu
Dien Bien Phu
Dien Bien Province, Vietnam
1. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, November 13, 2011
2. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:41 am, October 25, 2010
Edited: 3:41 am, October 25, 2010
3. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:42 am, October 25, 2010
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

You may take a look at official website Vietnam tourism department and get quoted from some reputable tour operators to have good reference.

http://www.vietnamtourism.com/

Good luck !

Mentioned in this post
ottawa
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

We used Vietnam Travel Channel (formerly Vietland Explore) this winter (Dec 2010/Jan 2011) for a 3 week custom tour of Vietnam and Cambodia. It was a complex itinerary including Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, HCMC, Mekong, Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. The main coordinator Ms. Kim has done an excellent job suggesting itinerary, organizing all hotels, planes, trains, transfers, guides with cars and drivers. She is extremely reliable and responsive. The guides she selected were friendly, informative, helpful and spoke good English; cars were very safe and comfortable (SUV's, and mid/full size), and hotels first class (Victoria, Raffles, Intercontinental, etc). Her prices are very good; excellent value for the money. Highly recommend her service. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Sapa
Sapa
Lao Cai Province, Vietnam
Halong Bay
Halong Bay
9,210 Reviews
Halong Bay, Vietnam
Hue
Hue
Thua Thien - Hue Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Mekong Lodge
Mekong Lodge
687 Reviews
Cai Be, Vietnam
Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh
Cambodia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort & Spa
Victoria Hoi An Beach...
2,421 Reviews
Hoi An, Vietnam
Madrid, Spain
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

Hi,

could you give your email adress we are planning our honeymoon with Vietnam travel channel and we would like to ask you somethihg.

Mentioned in this post
Brecksville, OH
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

Thank you for posting your review. We are in the process of booking the tour with Vietnam Travel Channel.

Just a quick question: How did you pay the rest of the money?

I am a bit taken a back because Ms. Kim asked me to deposit in her personal account. I am Vietnamese but I am not very comfortable with this practice.

Why not an account of the company?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi, Vietnam
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

Should be check all your Travel Agent before ready to book Tour,

Dien Bien Phu is not a really featured tour in vietnam, becareful for your all

Mentioned in this post
Dien Bien Phu
Dien Bien Phu
Dien Bien Province, Vietnam
Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

To be honest, I was very skeptical at first. With so many dishonest people who try to scam travelers out there, I was not sure what to expect when I first contacted Vietnam Travel Channel for a one week tour to Sapa and Vinh Ha Long, Vietnam. But we were very happy with the professionalism that our tour guides Thong and Huy demonstrated.

I highly recommend this company. The only thing I did not like was that on the way to and from Ha Long Bay our tour guide suggested that we stop at the pearl factory. It's obvious that the tour guide gets some sort of commission so they will insist on stopping at souvenirs places.

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Vinh
Vinh
Nghe An Province, Vietnam
Long Beach Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
Long Beach Resort & Spa...
301 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vietnam Travel Channel tours OK?

I was very skeptical and apprehensive when I first contacted Vietnam Travel Channel in the Spring of 2011 to book a tour of Sapa and Ha Long Bay for August, 2011. But our family was very satisfied with their professionalism.

Both of our tour guides Thong (Hanoi-Ha Long) and Huy (Lao Cai-Sapa) were personable and helpful. Ms. Kim also put us on Elmeraude cruise which is first class in terms of food and room, but a little lacking in terms of night activities. A live cultural show would be nice.

The only thing I dislike about my tour is that on the way to and from Ha Long, the tour guide insisted on making stops at souvenir places and pearl factories. Unless you like to pay a lot for what you get, please insist that they skip this. The tour guide/tour company may get commission from these places, so they may not let you escape.

Mentioned in this post
Sapa
Sapa
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Lao Cai
Lao Cai