We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

Brisbane
Level Contributor
37 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

Our family of 3 children and 2 adults are currently staying at the Blue River Hotel and have spent 2 nights here - can HIGHLY recommend it as a clean safe quiet place to stay - air con great, Thuy (owner) is very honest and the breakfast is lovely. Right in the action part of town and everything is spotlessly clean. Another person I can VERY HIGHLY recommend for tours to Mekong - or anything else that you could possibly want - is JASON SSS (Super Star Services). We have just done a 2 day trip to the Mekong with him, and he is better organised than Qantas with a Jetstar price-tag! We have had the most fabulous look at all things MEKONG with him in his airconditioned Merc, free icy cold drinks, DVDs for the kids, Fantastic food & first class accomodation. Jason SSS booked us into a VN resort on a island 15 mins from CanTho by boat - it was a gorgeous place to stay - quiet, spotlessly clean with a water slide for the kids, water buffalo (concrete) in another pool for kids to enjoy. The highlight of the resort was CROCODILE FISHING - Fairdinkum - you hold a bait just above their nose on a fishing line and they jump up and and take it !! Steve Irwin eat your heart out ! There was about 5000 fully grown crocs in a pond the size of 3 footy fields and we stood on a (safe) pier and had a once-in-=a-lifetime experience ! (about 20 cents a bait - best $3 and hour of time to spend). There was also fishing for fish here too, but we ran out of time. Monkeys roaming around, canoeing, lots to keep everyone entertained. JASON SSS also booked and paid for airtickets (before we had even met), bought us a sim card, took us around HCMC by night, boat cruise in HCMC - all for free and part of his "anything is possible" attitude. He is a laugh a minute and we miss him already!! Thankyou Jason you really are a SUPER STAR SERVICE provider - NUMBER ONE !!

Mentioned in this post
Blue River Hotel
Blue River Hotel
874 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Mekong Lodge
Mekong Lodge
693 Reviews
Cai Be, Vietnam
Newport Beach
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

Queenslander,

I noticed you are traveling with kids... were you able to book connecting room at Blue River hotel?

Mentioned in this post
Blue River Hotel
Blue River Hotel
874 Reviews
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Brisbane
Level Contributor
37 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

Not connecting rooms - but straight across the hall - about 1.5 meters. Both on the same floor - the top one!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

Thanks so much for your report!

I've been trying to contact Jason, and he mentioned he was in the delta with you guys. Did you see anywhere other than the delta region with Jason? We are doing the delta region with our Intrepid tour (from Penom Penh) so are planning to ask Jason to take us to other interesting (non-touristy) areas.

Any suggestions? - K

brisbane
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

Hello SEQueenslander

We are spending some time with Jason. One of the trips we are doing is the 1night 2 day Mekong, but I think we are booked into a hotel at Cantho, but I am thinking kidds would like island resort instead. Can you tell me the name of the resort?Did you do the 1 night 2 day trip?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mekong Lodge
Mekong Lodge
693 Reviews
Cai Be, Vietnam
5. Re: Trip Report - HCMC Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 07, 2009