We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
37 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

Travelling as a family with 3 teens and would enjoy a cooking class. I see where there is a recommendation for Red Bridge Cooking School in Hoi An ... does anyone have others to tell us about? We are going to Hoi An, Hue, Hanoi and Halong Bay (won't have time in Halong I don't think)... Also could you please advise the costs? Thanks Everyone!

Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

Definitely do the 1/2 Day Tour at Red Bridge Cooking School, it's unreal and lots of fun - not to mention the great food you cook/eat. We thoroughly enjoyed it - interesting walk/info around the market and a nice relaxing boat trip to/from Red Bridge. I think we paid around $20 each or so, last year - a good day out!!

rech :)

Perth
Level Contributor
680 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

We did the Red Bridge Cooking School on Friday in Hoi Ann & it was great. You meet at a the Hai Cafe & then are taken by a guide through the markets & then board a boat for a trip up the river to the actual school. There was 1 giude to every 6 students & ours spoke great English & was very entertaining. The cost was $19 USD each & this is a very well run outfit. Every student had their own cooker etc & there were young guys from America, China, Holland etc & everyone really had a great time together. Hope this helps. Cheers - Wayvan

Tasmania
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

Hi

We also did the Red Bridge Cooking class and loved it. I think your teens would enjoy it. Alternatively a number of the restaurants on the riverfront also offer cooking classes which are a bit less structured and with smaller groups.

noosa australia
Level Contributor
769 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

Another fan of red bridge here.Took the class in Oct 06.The newly opened pool should keep the teenagers occupied if cooking class not to their liking ( I d just ask about using pool when booking)

http://www.visithoian.com/redbridge.html

You can also do a quick class at Hai scount cafe ( in a different league and not as long as red bridge)

http://www.visithoian.com/haicafe.html

Mis Vys class also recommended by other psoters here in TA

www.hoian.co.uk/vietnamese_cooking_class.php

Cafe 96 as well

http://www.hoian.co.uk/cafe96.php

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

There is a great cooking class in Hanoi-

Hidden Hanoi:

www.hiddenhanoi.com.vn/ I think you would enjoy it and so would your teens.

london
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

I am also interested in going to a cooking school whilst in Vietnam - do you need to book them in advance or can you just turn up on the day?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

you must book in advance- you can't just turn up on the day.

For the Redbridge, If you are going to be in HoiAn for a few days, saunter in to Hai Scout Cafe (great place to eat btw) and they will book it for you - sometimes the day before is ok, unless you want a specific session (can either do morning or afternoon) I think morning books out quicker as you get lunch included in the price.

For Hidden Hanoi- i've given their website above, you can contact them and ask any questions.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
37 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

Hello and THANKYOU for such great info - (NoosaBlue especially - Thanks excellent info!) I have checked it all out and I am really looking forward to doing at least one class! My daughters all like cooking also, so we should have a lovely time. We are all good eaters and Cafe 96 may be a good place to start>

Thanks you are wonderful!

9. Re: Cooking Class's - Any recommendations please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 08, 2009