We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Near Dong Hoi

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Near Dong Hoi

Hi, We are considering spending some time at the beaches near Dong Hoi after we explore the caves Phong Nha NP. What is it like in this area? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Dong Hoi
Dong Hoi
Quang Binh Province, Vietnam
3 replies to this topic
Newcastle
Level Contributor
360 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Near Dong Hoi

Dong Hoi is a lovely city, if we were to stay there again I think we would still stay in the city as there isn’t a lot of choice as far as places to eat go.

There are some small guesthouses/homestay’s near the beach but there are some huge resorts as well & if you read the reviews they are pretty much empty most of the time & there are lots of areas they won’t let you venture into.

The beach is lovely & fairly quiet while we were there.

The promenade in town is a hive of activity at night with small street food vendors selling their treats at sunset, it was a lovely atmosphere, it was within walking distance of where we stayed.

Worth a visit in my opinion.

ColVal

Mentioned in this post
Dong Hoi
Dong Hoi
Beechworth...
Level Contributor
339 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Near Dong Hoi

Totally agree with ColVal, Dong Hoi is a great spot for a couple of days before or after the caves. I stayed on the beach northside at the Beachside Backpackers which was great for me. Nice folk there and it was a pretty good beach. Most of the other choices along that strip are so-so but plenty of options for accommodation in town plus the Sun Spa is the posh stand out of town - right on the beach across from the city centre.

Would not hesitate in going back to Dong Hoi for a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Dong Hoi
Dong Hoi
Beachside Backpackers
Beachside Backpackers
158 Reviews
Dong Hoi, Vietnam
Sun Spa Resort Quang Binh Vietnam
Sun Spa Resort Quang...
318 Reviews
Dong Hoi, Vietnam
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
7,753 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Near Dong Hoi

We stayed at the Sun Spa.

It was great.

We did not go down into the water as it was cold in December, but the beach is lovely.

Would not hesitate to come back.

Cheers,

John

Mentioned in this post
Sun Spa Resort Quang Binh Vietnam
Sun Spa Resort Quang...
318 Reviews
Dong Hoi, Vietnam
Reply to: Beaches Near Dong Hoi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted