We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family trip to Vietnam

Chester, UK
5 posts
Save Topic
Family trip to Vietnam

We have a 3 week trip to SE Asia booked in mid July for our family of 5 (3 kids age 14, 12 & 11). We fly in and out of Bangkok but would like to spend most of the trip in Vietnam which none of us have been to.

My husband and I have spent quite a lot of time in Thailand and Cambodia pre kids but it's the kids first time.

We'd like a couple of days in Bangkok to start & would definitely like to spend a week or so in northern Vietnam seeing Hanoi, trekking & Halong bay. We'd also like to go by overnight train to Danang & spend a week or so in Hoi An & beaches doing some chilling, cycling, eating & shopping.

So what do we do with the other 4 nights or so - Ho Chi Minh City & Mekong Delta or a few days in Siep Riep. My husband and I spent some time in Siem Riep 15/16 years ago but have never been to Vietnam. What would the kids prefer????? Any suggestions on which one to go for?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Dong Ha Market
Flea & Street Markets
Lam Son Square
Gift & Specialty Shops
Yen Sao Hoang Hac
Gift & Specialty Shops
2 replies to this topic
Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family trip to Vietnam

Spend 1 or 2 nights in Mekong Delta. If not, a day trip to Mekong is still good.

Mentioned in this post
Mekong Lodge
Mekong Lodge
687 Reviews
Cai Be, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family trip to Vietnam

You should have a night in Can Tho, have a morning trip on Cai Rang floating market

Reply to: Family trip to Vietnam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted