We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Unfortunately we don't have time to do both (we end in HCMC and also have mekong delta on or list) so we want to choose between going to Da Lat or to Phu Quoc.

If you had the option to choose q of the 2 (2 young persons ) which would would you suggest?

Thank you in advance!

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Which one would you prefer? They are two MUST SEE places in South of VN but Phu Quoc island is almost chosen.

Cheers,

DinHo

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Need more info, these two places are vastly different.

What time of the year and what are your interests ?

Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Yeah we know haha that's why we don't know what too choose! :)

Also @ viet1: we are a couple about 25 years and we are in Hoi An now (april) for one more week but cannot decide where to stop. We like adventure and nature but also relaxing and comfort. So that makes it even harder to decide.

For example we've been to halong bay but in the tourist part (turns out afterwards) and it was a big disappointment. We try to avoid that.

I hope you can tell us that if you need to choose what you would choose and why?

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Well if I was you I think I would go for Dalat, reasons being. You have had some good beach time already and all that goes with it. Dalat has nice scenic countryside with good waterfalls to visit and do a bit of trekking along with adventure water sports.Maybe an idea to use the easy riders to see this. Easy to find them around town and you can sit down with them and work out a schedule to suit you. Once they know what you are looking for they will come up with many ideas. There's a big lake in the middle of town and nearby brilliant flower gardens, even if flowers don't really interest you its well worth a look. Many other things in town to see including the old train station and the crazy house. Temp is much cooler than the coastal regions which is a plus for me.

No matter which one you choose take into consideration the public holidays at the end of this month. Prices will jump up, transportation may well be booked out and it will be busier than normal. Bonus is that there will be special events on. Check with your hotel to what is on near by. Enjoy.

Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Great tips ! Thank you so much ! We are going to check all the prices now this is really helpful! When will the holiday start in Vietnam (which day?) Thank you!

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Officially the holidays are 30 April and 1 May but likely from 28 April to 2 May things can be hectic.

Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Thank you! Do you know if there is a n overnight train from danang to nha trang? I read mixed things on the forum so I am not sure

Level Contributor
976 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Dalat, fly there.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

Yes there is, at least one, likely more. I would book it now.

10. Re: Da lat or Phu Quoc ? Which one too choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, April 17, 2017