We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Dentist in Phuket??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
126 helpful votes
Good Dentist in Phuket??

I am thinking of getting some dental work done while in Thailand and have found a place that has really good prices in Phuket. It is called City Park Dental Clinic and it is near the bus station and opposite Royal Phuket City Hotel.

Does anyone know if this place is ok? Hoping one of the locals might know of it... or someone who has used them while there?

Otherwise is there any others that people can recommend?

Emjay x

Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
15 helpful votes
1. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

You could go to the Phuket Hospital - my son had his teeth cleaned, scaled and whitened there for $Aus 200 - back home in Oz the same treatment would cost ~$900 He thought they were quite good.

Perth
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Hi EmjayReet I had some work done at the Phuket Dental Center just outside the entrance to the hospital on Yaowarat Rd. They were really fantastic, so friendly and made you feel at ease. I did quite a lot of research before I left Australia and emailed for an appointment.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
126 helpful votes
3. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Thanks I will look into it. Were they cheap in comparison to home?

Phuket
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
4. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Dr. Srisuda is my favorite dentist - ever - no matter what country. She is super gentle and highly skilled.

More about her is at "Super Dentist" at:

http://phuketdelight.com/Super%20Dentist.htm

She works at the Bangkok Phuket Hospital. Prices are a fraction of what you would pay back home. I am in the middle of a root canal and crown - and the total cost will be less than US$500 - for everything (doctors-meds-crown-crown prep- root canal - etc).

I suspect that many of the smaller clinics also have excellent doctors and probably for even lower prices. The Bangkok Phuket Hospital will be the most expensive option on the island. BUT - I am a real scaredy cat in the dental chair - so I go where I KNOW things will be done right and gently.

Melbourne
1 post
5. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

We are just back from Phuket and my husband and myself had dentures made there. My husband had his bottom teerth cleaned for 500 baht. Our dentures were $240 Aus per set. We went to the Dental Sea clinic in Patong. They were so freindly and profesional. Highly recomended

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
126 helpful votes
6. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Great! I will check them all out! Thanks heaps! Any more recommendations welcome!! xx

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
236 reviews
176 helpful votes
7. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Hi Miss Reet,

Drink less coke and cocktails - that's my advice (HAHA)

If they're all shiny and bright when we meet, I know you where you've been!

Sar

x

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
126 helpful votes
8. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Smart a$$!!! Hahahaha! I just got a quote back from one of the dentist for a porcelain bridge and it was $1000AUD MORE than here in Australia! wow!!! Think I will get it done here now!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Are you sure this is right, how can it be $1000 more in Thailand ? Maybe you resd the price in Bhat !

I have gone to the web site and have seen the price, i have been told 9000B for my crown $320 AUD !!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
126 helpful votes
10. Re: Good Dentist in Phuket??

Im shocked too! I was quoted approx $800-900 for a porcelain bridge in Australia (one tooth) and in Thailand 54000 baht from one dentist and now another one 30000 (which is slightly closer to Australian price! The website says 10000 for a bridge but the quotes say that you have to have 3 units of bridge for 1 tooth!!!! Hmmm I dont know about that!