We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amari or Graceland Phuket

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
106 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Amari or Graceland Phuket

Hi

I'm planning a trip for dec2014. Which is a better resort for a family of 5. I'm looking for a swimmimg beach close by,good breakfast and close to shops and restuarants.

Thanks

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

If you are limited just to a choice between those 2 I would go for Graceland for location, Amari means a very long walk or pricey tuk tuk, and for family I would go with Graceland anyway for facilies etc etc

2. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, April 07, 2014
Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
106 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

Thank you for your help. From the responses I think I should look further away. Maybe like suggested above Kamala or Kata beach. The touts would drive me insane. Is Kamala beach far from Patong, I'd like to explore. My kids are 14,11,5.

4. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, April 07, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

I've stayed at Graceland Phuket when my grandies were 15, 13 and 11. We all loved it. Two great pools, opposite the beach, walked along the road to restaurants, cafes, etc. A place for people of all ages. For a comparison have a look at Centara on Karon Beach. I think there are 2 - one in the middle of the beach and one at the end of the beach closer to Patong

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,612 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

Also have a look at Merlin beach resort which has it's own beach and great pools. There is a shuttle into Patong and Phuket a few times a day. Look into Holiday Inn which is very central and Merlin which is over the road. They are both over the road from the beach. Amari is a beautiful property and an easy walk into Patong but a steep hill going home. The drawback with Merlin beach resort is you need transport to go shopping or eat out. It is a lovely relaxed hotel away from the madness in Patong.

Linda

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
106 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

Thanks. I'm going to do some more research today.

8. Re: Amari or Graceland Phuket

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 09, 2015