We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

Hi,

I will have a trip to Phi Phi island and stay in the hotel there. What is still confusing me about options of ferry from phuket hotel (I stay for a night in Phuket town after arrive from airport).

Is it better and cheaper - as online booking said - to book in advance?

There are price as low as 350B in the internet, while normal price from Andaman and other ferry company is 600B, I am afraid I get the worst ferry available for this price and my trip will become uncomfortable, as the online booking never stated what kind of ferry they are using. Also I am affraid of scams.

I found another option to buy from street stall travel agent, is this readily available at night and many along the phuket town streets? Available if I buy from my hotel Lub Sbuy Guest House.

Really help if you have experience using cheaper ferry transfer rate, buying in advance or buying directly to Rassada Pier (can you choose your ferry if you buy in Rassada Pier.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
942 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Lub Sbuy Guest House
Lub Sbuy Guest House
88 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

Just go to a Travel Agent while there and buy from there. Easiest, and transfer to Rassada will be included.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

Thank you Steveni.

I never been to Phuket before, so I cannot imagine how many travel agent there, easy to find or not and if they still open at night (8 pm).

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

Yes, no problem. There are many and some will still be open.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

so buying online is not going to be cheaper ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
406 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

The ferry is pretty cheap in the first place. Often different online agents are selling tickets for the same ferry. We booked the Andaman wave master through Phi Phi Ferry online. The boat was fine The seating is similar to an economy class airline. Upper seats have windows and lower seats do not. The trip is about 2 hours. Someone will assist piling your luggage in the luggage area but it is a free for all trying to get off at Tonsai. There is also a 20bht fee per person at Tonsai so bring cash.

Mentioned in this post
Andaman Wave Master
Andaman Wave Master
151 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
942 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

Hi Satie,

How much the price you booked for your seat? Was it in upper deck or in lower deck? Are those seats have a different prices?

7. Re: Ferry Transfer from Rassada Pier to Tonsai Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 27, 2014