We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

Vienne, France
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

CAN someone inform of meter taxi fare from phuket AirPort to naiharn beach area hôtel u sunsuri hôtel for 5 peuple? Is it better to reserve à ta driver in advance? We arrive early afternoon but want à taxi that CAN take us to late lunch before arriving at hôtel Thanks in advance.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

I don't think that a metered taxi will take 5 people.

That would be what? 4 in the back and one in the front? Not going to happen.

You'll need 2 I believe.

Or rent a car?

Or try to get a van somehow?

I'd think 2 taxis would be best.

Probably around 700 baht each.

Go to the taxi stand after exiting the airport building and making a hard right and go across the little soi to a taxi shack there.

Good luck.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

Get a minivan. You can sort this out on the spot or in advance, will be cheaper than 2 taxi's.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

Mini van will be a good option for all 5 of you to travel together along with your luggage. As you want to have lunch also on the way so i think hiring a van will be the best option.

Cheers

Vienne, France
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

I forgot to inform that we are 2 adults and 2 teenagers and 1 small child. 2 years ago, we actually fitted into one taxi to go to Westin Siray for 500 baht, so just wondering about current fare price to Naiharn beach area.

I was quoted 1900 baht for minivan for airport pickup and few hours lunch and beach visiting before hotel drop off. The quote seems a bit much - any opinion? Thank you.

Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

Hi... Have you successfully arrived im usunsuri via taxi? How much is the taxi fare? Appreciatr your information. We plan to go there too. Thanks!

Vienne, France
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

We will be going only end of July. However, I have seen on various sites that minivan transport from airport to Nai Harn area is about 1200-1400 baht. The driver's quote of 1900 baht seems a bit excessive but then I have not negotiated with him at all. If you do get there before me, please keep me posted as well on your finding.

7. Re: Meter taxi to naiharn beach from AirPort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 03, 2014