We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Painting/art

australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Painting/art

After some advice on bringing back a painting from phuket. There are plenty of great pieces but have always been reluctant to buy one because of the size. How easy/difficult is it to get them back? We are also stopping in Singapore on way home. Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Painting/art

They are normally taken off the stretcher frame and rolled, then put in a tube. Getting them stretched onto a frame when you get home will probably be exxy.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
164 reviews
2. Re: Painting/art

yeah totally agree with Brio. Just roll the canvas part and get it framed at your place as per your choice.

Joondalup, Australia
Level Contributor
70 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Painting/art

What we have found is that it is around the same price as what we have paid for the artwork to have it mounted in Perth or around 1.5 times the price to have it framed. This will obviously depend on your frame of choice. But in our opinion it still works out a lot cheaper than buying here in Aus.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
93 reviews
4. Re: Painting/art

Hi Fowler,

If you are a little handy and can use a staple gun go to Bunnings or Masters or even artist supplies and you can purchase blank canvases already mounted on frames for a small cost, then simply staple yours onto it. You just need to get the right size but i have done it with around 5 paintings and they look great.

Cheers, Pete

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
421 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Painting/art

Hi,

We have bought many a painting home with us and my husband heads straight to bunnings.

He is not the handyman type of person but we have managed to hang all our art work with no problems.

We normaly go to our preferred artist on the first day of our holiday so the painting has plenty of time to dry.

Nellie

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Painting/art

If the paint is still soft, use gladwrap on the paint surface before you roll it. When you get it home, flatten it if you arent going to hang it straight away.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Painting/art

Can I ask where you get your paintings done . I had someone in Kata but can't find him this year .

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Painting/art

Can I ask where you get yours done . I had someone in Kata but can't find him this year .

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
15 reviews
9. Re: Painting/art

Hi Antoinette there is a great artist located diagonally opposite The Boathouse on Koktanod road in Kata. His name is Khun Gan. He is my neighbour, so I watch him painting virtually everyday. He is excellent!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Painting/art

Thanks heaps , appreciate it :)

Get answers to your questions about Phuket