We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic

What is everyone favorite places to eat at around Phuket? Anywhere that you would recommend avoiding?

Level Contributor
39,640 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

My favourite is Mom Tris, excellent food in a fabulous setting. I've always gotten good recommendations before I left so have never had a bad meal in Phuket.

Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

The new Number 6 Restaurant is very good. Free transfers from the Old Number 6, and same menu.

Buderim, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

See Cathy's travel pages for heaps of info on restaurants in Phuket:

Pluto Highlands
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

The Boathouse is my fave with a beachfront table for ambiance. another worth a look at is Kan Eang@Pier and always Baan Rim Pa for me. nothing I found that I would avoid.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Some of my favourites are: Mom Tris Villa Royale, Capanninas, Two Chefs, The Boathouse, The Wine Connection (the branches at Jungceylon and Central festival), Cafe Del Sol and Siam Indigo (Phuket Town).

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Try to visit rawai beach when you get there for seafood restaurants :)

Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

La Celtique in Rawai - great rustic French menu in a lovely setting.

Fuji in Central Festival for a huge lunch of sushi and sashimi

9th Floor in Patong - great views and a stylish menu but not overpriced

Joes Downstairs, also in Patong - a bit pricey but a really nice spot and good if you're splurging

Texas Steakhouse in Surin. You won't get better guacamole on the island!

Sala Mexicali in Rawai - excellent value Mexican fare with some lovely ceviche

The floating restaurant at Laem Hin - it's a bit of a mission to get over there but really, really good value for a long lazy seafood lunch.

Captain Hook in Chalong - they do a different "special" every night. Our favourite is the roasted pork knuckle - enough for two to share at 350 Baht!

The Roti stand in Kata - indian roti with curry sauce - breakfast of champions.

Good grief, I'm quite hungry now!!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Nikitas at Rawai is great

No. 6 in Patong consistently good

The night food stalls at Banzaan Markets behind Jungceylon in Patong should be experienced.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
619 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Good grief, Kelly, I don't know how long you are staying but there are enough (good) suggestions here to feed an army for a week.

Mom Tri's is definitely my pick for a special dinner. Wide menu (Thai and Western) first quality, still very reasonable, good service and the view!

Depends on where you are staying - if at Patong, there are several good "everyday" restaurants in the arcade leading up to Patong Tower [tallest building in Patong], including my favourite, East Restaurant. (Good Thai and Western food).

Happy eating

new brunswick
Level Contributor
574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

I found the restaurant attached to PS Hotel served good food at very reasonable price and at a very central location near soi Bangla.