We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

Nicke, (Niklas Kring) has sadly passed as a result of a motorcycle accident. Some of you may have met Nicke at the Mai Thai bar in Soi Eric or read up on the forum phuket-info that he owned.

Nicke was a top bloke and will be missed by many.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

The funeral and cremation has been moved forward to 1pm, Kathu Temple, 1km past Red Mountain Golf Coarse, on the LHS.

Edited: 11:00 am, February 03, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

Very sad, a terrible thing to happen, my thoughts are with his family.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

when i first met nicke, after closing time we all went to the outside reasturant at the end of soi bangla(opposite taipan by a boxing ring, its a great memory

then on another trip he invited some of us to a barbie at his house all we did was bring the beer

ive never eaten better king prawns

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

Just heard.

Condolences to Nicke's family.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

Walking past Soi Eric tonight and it was all boarded up. Always found the place depressing, like Soi Gonzo the bars were all the same and overpriced. I'm guessing the place will be bulldozed and another overpriced themed bar complex will take its place. Sadly Patong is now on its last legs after the tuk tuk wars, jetski rip-off, aggressive ladyboys, drunk Aussies and extortionate pricing. Not a day too soon in my opinion.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

hi peter ive heard that soi eric has gone down the pan, in the later years it was a rubbish concept

every bar the same--- piped music which was utter rubbish

but back in the old days it was better and a great resturant at the end

Redditch, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

From what I've heard, the bar leases had all been run down by the landlord, hence it becoming increasing deserted in recent months. It is now closed for a complete rebuild. It should be open again in the next couple of months, only time will tell if it's for the better!

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

take a look at the phuket article on stickman

a c/p

Down in Phuket, a popular beer bar soi off Bangla Road, Soi Eric, has officially closed and will reopen in September as Soi Freedom.

Edited: 4:56 pm, July 24, 2013
Redditch, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

I can't find the article, do you have a link?

October will be my 4th solo trip. I've spent a lot of time at MTB on Soi Eric during my visits. As a solo traveller, it was always an enjoyable and welcoming base camp to meet fellow travellers. If it wasn't for MTB, I probably wouldn't have been brave enough for my first solo trip!! I know it won't be the same, but I've seen a lot of changes in Patong since my first trip. I guess it's the price of progress.

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Nicke - Mai Thai Bar - Phuket Info Forum

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/