We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 days in Phuket too long?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
232 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
7 days in Phuket too long?

I am in a quandary here. Will be leaving LA this November for 3 weeks in Asia - 4 days Tokyo, 4 days Bangkok, 7 nights Phuket (timeshare exchange), then 3 days - possibly Chaing Mai or maybe back to Bangkok for more. I do not swim or snorkel, so need need for that in Phuket. More interested in cultural things, but also love to relax. Should l I make the 7 nights in Phuket really just 6 then go onto Chaing Mai, or should I skip Chaig Mai altogether and go back for more in the surrounding areas of Bangkok? Please advise. I think this will be a great tip, and my week in Phuket is well timed in the middle of so much sightseeing.

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

no, not to me, 7 years yes perhaps

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
794 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

Can you tell me what resort you are using in Phuket? We too use our timeshare to stay in Koh Samui and Phuket and have a great time. Cheers, Karen

Edited: 8:00 am, January 06, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

Mmmm..??...Interesting comments re timeshare....All positive comments...!!...

Makes one believe that timeshare really is the way to go....!!...??....

I was given the hard sell once but did not relent.....

However,sam1...??...What did you mean by "not to me,7 years yes perhaps"....??...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
232 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

Don't know what the 7 year comment was all about. Maye someone had one for 7 years? Karen - My stay is w an Interval International exchange, The Vilaige Coconut Island. A little island off Phuket proper . Supposed to be wonderful, 5 min ferry ride to the island from Phuket. Great TA reviews..My belief is that if u mix a timeshare exchange w a visit to rest of the country , you really see more of the country. I would have never consided Phuket if not for the exposure as a timeshare owner.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

The Andaman sea is part of the Indian ocean.........?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

As the sea of cortez is part of the Pacific.... Pretty sure

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

The "7 years" comment was in reply to your "7 days in Phuket too long?" They were saying, no 7 days is not too long, maybe 7 years is.

Anyway, I think thats what they were saying :)

18. Re: 7 days in Phuket too long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 10, 2014