We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Phuket to Hat Yai, train to KL

Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Phuket to Hat Yai, train to KL

We would like to travel from Phuket to Hat Yai by bus and catch the overnight train to KL. If we catch an early morning bus from phuket will we arrive in Hat Yai with plenty of time to catch the overnight train that afternoon?

I beleive there are buses that leave Phuket around 7-8am and the trip is about 6 hours. The train leaves about 4pm. Also are the buses reliable and on time?

Thankyou for any advice you may have.

Ko Lipe, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Phuket to Hat Yai, train to KL

I don't have info about the train, but mid aug I took the 9.20 am bus from phuket, -new terminal, 2 - to KL (kuala lumpur) with a 4 hour stopover in hat yai. I got to Kl around 5 in the morning. The border crossing was a breeze, just follw the crowd, preferably your bus crowd. It cost me 1043 baht and a slightly sore backside. Iwould have flown with air asia if it hadn't been so expensive due to the fact it was the sugar festival, I believe celebrating the end of Ramadhan. But if you're on a budget ...

Patong
Level Contributor
476 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Phuket to Hat Yai, train to KL

You could also catch the bus to Surathani and then catch the train from there. If you took the VIP bus to Hat Yai you should get there on time.

3. Re: Bus from Phuket to Hat Yai, train to KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, December 16, 2013