We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Wollongong...
8 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Can anyone tell me the best way to get to Laem Pier from Phuket airport and how much we should pay? Should we book a private transfer or take our chances getting a taxi? We haven't booked flights yet so I am not sure what time we'll arrive. The place we are staying charge $200 return for a family of 4. I thought this sounded too expensive?

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

$200 return is very very very expensive. I would guess one way from the airport would be about 500 baht in a meter taxi, a private driver maybe 1500 for the return trip. Definately do not book through your hotel, way to expensive!.

Cathy

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Are you staying at Coconut Village? I think that's the pier but not sure.If it is,it would be about a 40 minute max. transfer putting it at about 800-1,000B,which is $30 at most.I was there about 4 weeks ago and there are many taxi vans at the pier to take you back to the airport or other parts of Phuket,again if it's Coconut Village you are staying at.

I'd wait until i arrive and get a meter taxi,which will quote you before you get in.

Wollongong...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Hi,

Yes. I am staying at The Village Coconut Island. Thanks so much for your advice. It was very helpful.

Karin

Wollongong...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Hi Cathy,

Thankyou for your advice. I thought this sounded way too expensive for a transfer. It has been 19 years since I have been to Thailand but I am really looking forward to the adventure with the kids! I will look into booking a private driver.

Thanks again,

Karin

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Hi Karin,

Lucky you,it's an amazing resort.I'm surprised at the cost of the transfers because the rest of the resort is very good value especially the restaurants.You can also dine at the floating Seafood restaurant which you will see when you arrive at the pier,look across to the right.

Aroi!

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

try Phuket Shuttle http://www.phuketshuttle.com/

Seems alot cheaper.

We are staying at Coconut Island next year.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

We are heading to the same resort in a few weeks and have arranged a transfer there for 500 baht.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Can you please tell me who you booked your transfers with as that is great value compared to what I have found. I am going in 3 weeks!

cheers

Karen

9. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:28 am, May 24, 2012
Thailand
Level Contributor
43 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Phuket airport to Laem Hin Pier

Hi

For your family of 4 I would recommend getting a private van for more comfort, price should be around THB 900 to get to Laem Hin.

If you are interested, you can email Mr Soup Taxi at supachaipatnui@yahoo.com or Facebook message Facebook.com/mr.soup.taxi