We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otel.com and dhr.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Otel.com and dhr.com

Anyone booked from these websites before? Are they reliable?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

I've used Otel many times and have never had any problem, you do pay for the hotel at the moment of booking but if there's any problem (our Hanoi hotel cancelled our booking because of overbooking) they refund the money on your credit card straight away.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

i realised the difference between agoda and otel.com is that agoda charges hotel taxes and services when you book. Will i be liable for these additional charges when i check out at the hotel if i book from otel.com?

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

Never heard of those 2, no idea where they are from. Never used Agoda either.

For Thailand here( we live here ) I always use Sawadee and their group, Patong Beach Hotels, Phuket Luxury Hotels, Beachsiam etc, sometimes other local ones.

For Sawadee and those others you do 'not' need and credit card details to request a booking, if available price includes all taxes, service charge, and mostly breakfast, you can request any selection you want.

You then have a few days to think about it, make your final decission, then, and only then do they want credit card details for a 1 night deposit.

Balance is then due 14 days before you arrive.

I never ever use those that ask for credit card details before they confirm or those that ask for full payment immediately.

I also stick with those local ones for local support and service.

Edited: 11:04 am, March 05, 2011
Istanbul
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

Hi ansyl

Thank you for your interest in our company.

Hotel taxes will be included in your booking with us.

However depending upon the hotel and destination there may be local charges. For instance as from the 1st January 2011 the Municipality of Rome introduced a new stay tax which is to be paid by all guests directly to the hotel. Aditionally, there are resort and gambling hotels particularly in the USA which charge a resort fee payable on the spot and is solely at the descretion of the hotel.

If you prefer not to pay in advance then we offer the option to book online yet pay when you get to the hotel ( selected hotels)

Caroline

Customer Care manager

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
69 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

I booked a hotel in Brno, the Czech Republic for later this year.

My husband then got nervous as we hadn't used otel.com before.

We contacted them to express our concerns We were contacted immediately by Caroline who explained the procedures. She also gave us an extra booking number to double confirm the booking. It was excellent customer service (above and beyond what you normally get) so we are totally happy.

Also the rate we booked the hotel at was much lower than any other agency as well as lower than booking at the hotel directly.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

Hi Swansforever

Thank you for taking the time to submit your post and I am delighted that you were happy with our services.

Should you ever need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

Caroline

Customer Care Manager

7. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, March 24, 2011
8. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, March 24, 2011
9. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

Removed on: 3:05 am, October 02, 2011
Edited: 3:05 am, October 02, 2011
Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Otel.com and dhr.com

So Caroline is on this forum now posting for Otel. She does this because there have been a number of complaints and there appears to be a need for her to do this.

You should take note of the second post on here by Chrella who has been a long time poster. I would not be booking with any site that takes my money before ensuring that the hotel is not overbooked, there is something odd about that.