We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

Which Phuket hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

I have to catch an early flight out of phuket (departure at 6:55) so that I can get to bangkok in time to catch a flight to japan. I was wondering how hard it would be to catch a taxi at like 5:30 am ? Or should I go back to bangkok one day earlier ? Thank You

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

I would book one the night before and all should be ok.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

Hi,

There should be no issues to either find a ride or to pre-arrange a ride to get to the airport in time for your early morning HKT-BKK flight..

That said, if your reason for getting to BKK one day earlier is based solely on the convenience/possibility of a finding a ride to the HKT airport in time, I think that's not necessary-- you can minimize that risk down substantially by pre-arranging your ride if necessary.... but.. if your concern is will will your HKT-BKK flight get you into BKK early enough to catch your BKK-JPN flight, then that's another story and we'd need to know what your specific flight details are.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 9:59 pm, February 28, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
3. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

Thanks for your responses.

My flight to Japan is only at 2:20 pm from Bangkok so there is a lot of time. The only problem is that I am triying to book a flight with Air Asia since it's only arround 1300 baht and their only option early enough on jun 13th is at 655.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,094 posts
73 reviews
4. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

Hi,

There a few-- maybe half-dozen or so, early AM departures from HKT, so the notion that someone would need a early AM ride isn't unknown. While transport costs are higher by comparison to BKK, given the fact that you *need* to be there to the airport timely, I might plan and arrange for this the night before.. Depending on where you're staying, your hotel might be able to assist you with this.

I agree that you'd have more than enough time in BKK with a 06:55AM HKT departure as your Thai flight to HND won't close for check-in until 13:20 or one hour before flight time.

Travel Safe,

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
5. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

ok thank you for the quick replys

Edited: 10:31 pm, February 28, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

With connecting flights I would not trust on Air Asia.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

We organised for an early pick up with a driver we had been using for our entire stay (who drives for a very popular driver on this forum), and the driver didn't show ! Luckily the hotel porter was about and organised us a ride.

For an early flight, I'd seriously think about booking a driver thru the hotel, even if it costs a little bit more.

As for air asia, our early flight out of Phuket was right on schedule, giving us plenty of time, but the connecting flight left late anyway.

Edited: 6:16 am, March 01, 2011
8. Re: Catching an early taxi for the airport ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 24, 2012