We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PADI in Phuket

London, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
PADI in Phuket

I am spending 8 nights in Phuket in February. I am not staying in a hotel as I have a friend who lives there and I will be staying with her.

I missed on the oppportunity to do my PADI in the Maldives (I did the medical and the theory part, I still have the book!!)

So I was wondering if there are any PADI schools in Phuket and how expensive they are!

Thanks

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PADI in Phuket

Nearly all the dive schools in Phuket. Send a private message to Ring0 or

Stevenl as they are both destination experts and have dive shop

bangkok
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PADI in Phuket

Here's a little something I found on the internet http://www.phuketpicture.com/scubadiving.asp

It provides a basic idea of the cost and also a listing of the dive shops. You may need to contact each one yourself.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
6,164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PADI in Phuket

This will normally take 2 days for the dives. But, depending on how lomng ago it has been you did the theory and pool practice, it may be necessary to brush up your skills and take some time for that. If you do the course with some of the dives from the beach you could check up on that on the same day you do the beach dives.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PADI in Phuket

Also if you did the theory within the last year - did you get your referral papers from your last Instructor in the Maldives? If so, then you would need to bring them along for verification.

If you did the theory over a year ago the papers would no longer be valid.

Enjoy your course.

Chantal.

5. Re: PADI in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2010