We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help regarding medications

collie.west...
1 post
Save Topic
Need help regarding medications

Hi to all forum members,

My wife,self and two grandchildren will be visiting Phuket in Noveember.

One of our grandchildren is taking medication for A.D.H.D, The medication being Dexamphetamine

sulphate 5mg and catapres 100mcg, could you please help us with the correct procedure to bring our grandchilds medication with us into Thailand.

We have sent emails to the thai embassy in canberra,also emailed the customs in thailand and had no reply from either to date.

We would appreciate any help on this matter as we don't want to end up in a thai jail.

eagerly awaiting your replies.

John & Deb

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need help regarding medications

I think that flying into Phuket and flying into Bangkok are completely different propositions. I have taken Dexamphetamine into Phuket before, but never had any problems. I don't know what they're like in Bangkok with medication.

Canberra
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Need help regarding medications

Thanks Athena. We are flying straight into Phuket from Sydney.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
446 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need help regarding medications

Sorry weezie79 I must admit I never checked the date. Situation the same though. How do you contact the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Their website phone numbers are of no value. Any advice from forum members would be appreciated.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need help regarding medications

I think it is a good idea to have a letter from your doctor, but after doing so a few times, I don't bother any more. We fly into Phuket 3-5 times per year and have never been asked about medication or even how many bottles of wine I have in my checked in baggage.

15. Re: Need help regarding medications

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, October 18, 2009