We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay

Planning on going to Bangkok and then onto Phuket, where is the best area of Phuket to stay, I like to shop, eat out and be by the beach, any ideas much appreciated.

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay

If you want hectic and party then look at Patong if you want a nice beach but still plenty to do look at kata and karon still easy access to patong and shopping from here.

Julie

Calgary
Level Contributor
396 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay

I agree with Kata and Karon, but note that the beach itself is much better in Kata.

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay

patong is better place to stay and happening wit night life.this place you can get everything you need .try to get hotel near by bangla road area .all depends about your budget ,if you want try to stay at aloha hotel just offside of bangla road and another hotel is royal paradise .food wise dont worried.... you just crost from the aloha hotel and you find thai and westrn food but the shop is not very huge but simple and nice food.

anything else?

Bintan Island...
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay

hehehe no need to argue !! Choose Karon beach since it is between Kata and Patong Beach !! :P

Jo

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
538 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay

Thanks to all who replied, this has helped me a lot, now to choosing hotels etc, because it is my 25th wedding anniversary looking at a good 4 star of 5 star if good prices. Thanks again.

6. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 18, 2009