We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

Please can anyone tell me how much on average it is for a taxi from Phuket airport to Patong??

Much appreciated

Craig

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
500 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:34 am, June 17, 2007
Sydney
Level Contributor
69 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

i agree 500-600 BHT. dont pay anymore than that. you can negotiate price of ride before getting on

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

When you come out of the airport, look right and you will see the taxi stands, it will cost about 450 baht to Patong,dont go with one of the touts inside the airport, it will cost more.

Cathy

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

Hi,

We paid 420 baht in April. I asked the woman at the meter taxi booking booth how much and she said 420b, the meter only read 350baht but he asked for the 420baht, so not sure if this inc an airport fee or similar of whether she had told him that was the price she told us. I didn't question the difference, as it didn't matter in the long run. I'd expected to pay 400 anyway.

Lee

Bangkok
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

about 350-400 baht.May be 400-500 baht for taxi service charge!

haha! if you offten travel in thailand,you will understand thai's taxi rate!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
364 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

If you don't mind, you can take the minibus service which only cost 150B per person. Must wait until there are enough people but twice I went, both times the wait wasnt long at all. Maybe 5-10min?

You'd have to stop at this travel shop halfway where they'll ask you where you're staying at Patong and try to sell you tours/day trips/etc. But they won't bother you if you just politely say no. Then you'll be transferred to another vehicle or back to the same minibus and next you'll find yourself at your hotel.

However, if you have more than 2 people in the group, it's more economical to take a cab.

Mentioned in this post
At Patong Hotel
At Patong Hotel
55 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

Hi Craig, as you exit from the airport terminal building, turn right, and walk straight, and you will notice a kiosk with the sign-"TAXI METER".

It costs THB420.00 from the airport to Patong. State your destination to the counter lady, and you will be given a coupon, hand that to the driver, and only upon reaching destination, pay to the driver.

If you find that the driver has been able to converse with you, and you are comfortable, you may wish to get his cellular phone nombor, so that you can arrange with him to take you back to the airport, otherwise, some hotels in PAtong, charges THB700 upwards for taxi back to airport from PAtong.

If you wish to avoid the crowd that gathers at the main exit of the terminal building, once you are out of baggage reclaim area, look to your right, where the first store, is the Phuket Business Cooperatives airport limo counter, make a right turn here, to pass few rows of shops (e.g. Hotel association, travel agent, spa), until the end, then turn left, you are out of terminal building where there is less crowd, and the TAxi Meter kiosk is just right in front of you.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

My flight arrives at 8:30pm on a Friday night - will Minibuses be running this late?

And going to the airport, my flight leaves at 9am on a Sunday...do Minibuses leave early enough to get me there at, say 8am?

Or will I have to grab a taxi?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

As you walk out the doors, look to your right - there is a taxi stand. We paid 500baht for a trip to Karon. We were happy enough with that. You could also get the drivers business card and re book with them if you wish for your return trip, for the same price. We did this recenty - all in all our experience was pretty good. Efficient etc, tho a little scary in the pouring rain... it added to the fun of our trip.

Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
stoke on trent
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from airport to Patong....How much??

We will be travelling in Feb with a group of 16. Does anybody have a contact for a minibus service that could accommodate us all which we could prebook?