We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV near Kata

Singapore
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ATV near Kata

Hi,

Our group of 8 adults and 8 kids (4-13 yrs) will be staying at Katathani in June. Looking for an outdoor activity near Kata which all are able to enjoy. Understand there's an ATV and Go-kart facility nearby. However, reviews of the ATV on TA aren't very positive. Are teens 12-13 years old able and safe to ride the ATVs on their own?

Was hoping to get some comments on the ATV and any suggestions of other activities without having to travel more than 30mins.

Any suggestions for dining near Katathani that can accommodate our group will be most appreciated too! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
Katathani Phuket Beach...
4,611 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
5 replies to this topic
Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
137 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV near Kata

Hi, there was one ATV run near Big Buddha statue, I did not go in it but from what i saw it was lead by a expert and followed by group of tourist, also to note think some part of it was overlapping the Main Road to Big Buddha statue.

Singapore
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV near Kata

Thanks sivaraj84!

I guess we will need to check out when we reach Phuket. Hopefully, our group will have a good time!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV near Kata

Phuket ATV runs at 2 locations, one on Phuket and one in Phang Nga. Look up their website for info on ages to ride etc. Thry are a very safe company and do saftey video a nd test rides to make sure you can handle the bike before you go.

I have done the 3 hour trip at Phang Nga a few times. Great trip, riffing through villages, creeks, rubber plantations

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV near Kata

3hrs! Very interesting! How much did you pay and where can i book this package?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV near Kata

Just google Phuket ATV and select the Phang Nga location.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Reply to: ATV near Kata
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;